GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: January 14, 2017
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 18-041-16 REV. A, DATED JULY 09, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) AND LOP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements
A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find that one of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) have been set:
- **P0116 – Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Performance (Sales Code ERB).**
- P0300 – Multiple Cylinder Misfire (Sales Code ERB).
- P0456 – EVAP System Small Leak (Sales Code ERB).
- P0306 – Cylinder 6 Misfire (Automatic Transmissions only).
- P0335 – Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.
- U0140 – Lost Communication With Body Control Module.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed or if the technician finds a DTC, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-PU||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||1 – Engine Repair and Performance||0.2 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 2 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.