|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.04 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements
- LD vehicles built on or before February 28, 2015 (MDH 0228XX)
- LX vehicles built on or before March 19, 2015 (MDH 0319XX)
A small number of customers may experience one or more of the following conditions. These conditions are only applicable on LD models.
- Less than desired upshift performance during Wide Open Throttle (WOT) accelerations.
- Less than desired overall downshift performance during coasting deceleration, braking, or while passing.
In addition to the above conditions, this software release also enables the capability to capture Electronic Control Unit (ECU) operational data through the Uconnect Data Recording system. This enhancement is being released for all vehicles covered in this service bulletin.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all vehicle systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the TCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:
|Module, Transmission Control (TCM) Reprogram (1 – Semi Skilled)
|2 – Automatic Transmission
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 3 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.