NUMBER: 18-033-15 REV. A
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: December 05, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-033-15, DATED APRIL 16, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES UPDATES TO wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL, SYMPTOMS/CONDITIONS, LABOR OPS AND FAILURE CODE.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 14-026. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS
APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: 1.4L Powertrain Diagnostic And System Improvements
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 1.4L Engine (Sales Code EAM).
**A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find that one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) stored in the PCM:
- P1128 - Closed Loop Fueling Not Achieved.**
- P1524 - Oil Pressure out of range - Camshaft advance/retard disabled.
- P113D - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response.
**In addition, some customers may experience one or more of the following conditions:
- Engine cranks but sounds like it has no compression. Ticking noise from the engine, at idle.**
- Long crank times on engine start up.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTC's are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
NOTE: If the PCM already has the latest software, use inspection LOP **18-19-06-GK** to close the RRT portion of this service action.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Is vehicle equipped with a manual transmission?
- Perform Cruise Control Learn Procedure.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF/LOCK position for 10 seconds to allow the moduleto power down.
- Turn the ignition key to the ON/RUN position.
- Press and hold the Cruise ON/OFF button on the steering wheel for 10 seconds.d. Start the engine.
- Press the Cruise ON/OFF button to verify that the Cruise indicator illuminates on the cluster.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-GK**||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Inspect (0 - Introduction)||8 - Engine Performance||0.2 Hrs|
|**18-19-06-GL**||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||8 - Engine Performance||0.3 Hrs|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 4 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.