NUMBER: 18-019-18 REV. A
GROUP: 18 - Vehicle Performance
DATE: March 27, 2018
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-019-18, DATED MARCH 02, 2018, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT TO THE P1D7F-00 DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) AND LOP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 1.4L Engine (Sales Code EAM).
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the Technician may find one or more of the following DTCs has been set:
- **P1D7F-00 - ETC Self-Learning Failure.**
- P1523-00 - VVA Low Oil Pressure.
- P1524-00 - Oil Pressure Out Of Range - Camshaft Advance/Retard Disabled.
- P0141 - O2 Sensor 1/2 Heater Performance.
The following enhancements are also included:
- Improved purge sensor performance.
- Updated fuel strategy to inhibit spark plug fouling.
In addition, some customers may also experience the following condition:
- Crank no start condition in extreme cold temperatures of -20°C (-4°F) partially due to the available fuel blend conditions.