NUMBER: 18-064-16 REV. A
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: September 13, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-064-16, DATED JUNE 09, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES AN ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC), SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT AND LOP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Diagnostic And System Improvements
|2012 – 2014||(MK)||Compass/Patriot|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, EMEA and APAC.
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find that the following DTCs have been set:
- **P0335 – Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.**
- U0140 – Lost Communication With Body Control Module (TIPM).
- P219A – Air-Fuel Ratio Cylinder Imbalance Bank 1.
The following software enhancements are also available:
- **Engine is hard to start at temperatures -29°C (-20°F) for vehicles utilizing E15 fuel only.**
- Cruise control enhancements.
In addition, customers may report that the vehicle has failed the emissions certification test. Upon further investigation, it may be found that the Individual Cylinder Fuel Control (ICFC) monitors are reporting as failing to the scan tool even though the monitors have actually passed.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs other than the one listed are present, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition or if the technician finds the DTC, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-MZ||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||1 – Engine Repair And Performance||0.2 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 2 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).