GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: August 12, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETINS 18-039-15 REV. A, DATED OCTOBER 20, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCs) AND LOP.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 6.4L engine (Sales Codes ESG or ESH).
A small number of customers may experience one or more of the following conditions:
- With the cluster set on metric units, they are unable to accurately increase or decrease the cruise control set speed using the resume or set buttons. Instead of changing vehicle speed by 1 kph when pressing the buttons, the vehicle speed will increase approximately 1.6 kph.
- Potential gear hunting during cruise operation at lower vehicle speeds 40-64 kph (25-40 mph).
In addition, a small number of customers may experience certain symptoms/conditions or a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find that the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes have been set:
- **P1115 - General Temperature Rationality.
- P0456 - EVAP System Small Leak.
- P0441 - EVAP Purge System Performance.
- P2610 - PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance.
- P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire.
- P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire.
- P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire.
- P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire.
- P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire.
- P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire.
- P0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire.
- P0307 - Cylinder 7 Misfire.
- P0308 - Cylinder 8 Misfire.
- P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.
- P0122 - Throttle Position Sensor 1 Circuit Low.
- P0123 - Throttle Position Sensor 1 Circuit High.
- P0222 - Throttle Position Sensor 2 Circuit Low.
- P0223 - Throttle Position Sensor 2 Circuit High.
- P2299 - Brake Pedal Position / Accelerator Pedal Position Incompatible.**
- P2096 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 1 Lean. (LC vehicles with Sales Code ESH with a manual transmission (Sales Code DEC).
- P2097 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 1 Rich. (LC vehicles with Sales Code ESH with a manual transmission (Sales Code DEC).
- P2098 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 2 Lean. (LC vehicles with Sales Code ESH with a manual transmission (Sales Code DEC).
- P2099 - Downstream Fuel Trim System 2 Rich. (LC vehicles with Sales Code ESH with a manual transmission (Sales Code DEC).
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition or if the technician finds the DTCs above, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
NOTE: After PCM reprogramming, the following must be performed:
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-ML||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||1 - Engine Repair And Performance||0.2 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 4 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).