DATE: May 05, 2015
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT 15.04 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Unable To Adjust Radio Volume And Or No Audio
This bulletin involves upgrading the software in the Body Control Module (BCM).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 4, 2015 (MDH 0504XX).
The customer may experience no sound and is also unable to adjust the radio volume.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify no DTCs are set. If DTCs are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the BCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allows them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-02-AE||Modules, Body Control Module (BCM) – Inspect Software Level Only (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 5 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).