NUMBER: 08-049-15 REV. A
DATE: December 04, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-049-15, DATED MAY 05, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE THE APPLICABLE MARKET AND ADDITIONAL STEPS IN THE REPAIR PROCEDURE.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Inoperative Blue And Me Steering Wheel Button
This bulletin involves performing a Body Control Module (BCM) Proxi Configuration.
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.**
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before April 22, 2015 (MDH 0422XX) equipped with Instrument Cluster (Sales Codes JAV).
The customer may notice that the buttons on the steering wheel for Blue and Me may stop working. Also for customers in Canada and Mexico, they may notice that the Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) “Winter Mode” feature is missing.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify if Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are set. If DTCs are present, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Using wiTECH, perform a Restore BCM Proxi Configuration. This routine is available under the 'Vehicle Preparations' tab found on the home page of wiTECH.
- **Using wiTECH, perform a PROXI Alignment routine to write the new PROXI into all modules. Verify the alignment was correctly written by rerunning the PROXI alignment and rerunning if necessary.
- If there is an issue with a module's PROXI alignment (Radio Receiver Module (RRM), Convergence Telematics Module (CTM), or Instrument Cluster (IC), run the "PROXI Configuration" routine under that individual module.**
- Clear any DTCs which may have been set during the reconfiguration.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-02-AL||Module, Body Control, Proxi Procedure (0 - Introduction)||6 - Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.