NUMBER: 08-016-17 REV. A
DATE: May 09, 2017
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-016-17 DATED FEBRUARY 09, 2017, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDING 2017 BU, BUILD DATE FOR BU WITH RG2, ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMS FOR BU WITH RG2 RADIOS,
UPDATED SOFTWARE LEVEL FOR RG2 RADIOS, ADD STEPS TO THE REPAIR PROCEDURE FOR BU WITH RG2, LOPS AND FAILURE CODE STATEMENT.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-115. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Radio Software Enhancements
This bulletin involves updating the radio's software.
CAUTION: Confirm the correct radio flash file to the applicable model and family vehicle before flashing.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC.
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to BU vehicles built on or before March 28, 2017 (MDH 0328XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (Sales Codes RG2).**
NOTE: This bulletin applies to BU vehicles built on or before November 19, 2015 (MDH 1119XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (Sales Codes RA2 or RJ2).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to FF vehicles built on or before December 06, 2015 (MDH 1206XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (Sales Codes RA2, RJ2, RK2, or RL2).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to D2, DD, DF, DJ, DP, DS, DX, KL, LA, LD and UF vehicles equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (Sales Codes RA2, RG2, RJ2, RK2, RL2, or RM2).
A customer may experience one or more of the following:
- **Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB) doesn’t work (BU with RG2).
- Slow operation when using navigation (BU with RG2).
- Radio may display the incorrect distance until the vehicle runs out of fuel (BU with RG2).**
- Bluetooth communication with the passenger is poor. The UConnect microphone may not amplify the voice of the person speaking from the passenger seat. (2015 BU Only).
- False message may be displayed in the cluster; “Parking Sensors Unavailable” and/or “Sound System Unavailable” (2015 BU Only).
- Radio display screen may intermittently go blank.
- Radio display screen may lock up.
- Back up display may not turn off.
- Loss of radio memory for skipped channels or incorrectly displaying skipped channels in the menu list.
- Korean language was not supported (APAC - Korea only).
- This software will help prevent the radio from becoming inoperative and needing replacement.
- Removed the charging schedule from showing in the setting menu (FF BEV only).
- Adding Korean language support (APAC - Korea only).