NUMBER: 23-020-15 REV. A
DATE: July 08, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 23-020-15, DATED APRIL 09, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE A REVISED CLEAN DATE.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-058. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS
APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Replace Missing Manual Release Cover For The Electric Fuel Door
This bulletin involves installing a cover for the fuel door manual release cable.
|2015||(B1)||Jeep Renegade (Latin America Vehicles Only)|
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 25, 2015 (MDH 0525XX).**
The customer may describe a loose cable hanging in the right rear of the cargo compartment area.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Open the rear hatch (Fig. 1).
- If cover is not present and cable (1) is hanging perform the repair (Fig. 2).
1 – Cable
- Install the cable (2) onto the new cover (1) (Fig. 3).
1 – Cover
2 – Cable
- Make sure the cable is fully inserted into the cover (1) as shown (Fig. 4).
1 – Cover
- Install the cover and cable into trim cover as shown and turn the cover 90° counterclockwise until it’s completely locked into place (Fig. 5).
- Make sure the cover (1) is flush and installed properly (Fig. 6).
1 – Cover
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|23-41-38-90||Install Release Cover for Manual Fuel Door (1 – Semi-Skilled)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|