HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING A ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Vehicle Will Not Shift Out Of Park
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Electronic Shift Module (ESM) with the latest available software.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after February 13, 2015 (MDH0213XX) and on or before April 30, 2015 (MDH 0430XX).
Some Customers may experience a condition where the vehicle will not shift out of park while the engine running at idle and brake pedal applied. Technicians may find DTC P0928-00 BTSI Control - Circuit Short To Ground set in the Electronic Shift Module (ESM). Flashing the ESM with the latest software will correct this concern.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, are present other than the symptom condition listed above, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Reprogram the ESM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-15-92||Module, Electronic Shift (ESM) Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||21 - Transmission and Transfer Case||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 7 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).