DATE: June 30, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-054-14, DATED JUNE 27, 2014, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. THIS IS A COMPLETE REVISION AND NO ASTERISKS HAVE BEEN USED TO HIGHLIGHT REVISIONS.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 14-048. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
RM4 Radio Enhancements (Japan Only)
This bulletin involves inspecting and, if required, updating the radio software.
|2014||(WK)||Jeep Grand Cherokee (Japan Only)|
|2014||(KL)||Jeep Cherokee (Japan Only)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built with UCONNECT ECT AM/FM/BT/NAV/Voice (sales code RM4) and Japan Country Code (sales code 8DE).
A small number of customers may experience one or more of the following:
- , television display screen may be blurry.
- Song names displayed twice in USB and SD media modes.
- Radio may displays or voice prompt “Please check ETC device” (Electronic Toll Collection).
- Poor navigation guides through overpass or underpasses, multi-level intersections.
- Navigation Turn-by-turn guidance setting may be cleared after ignition is cycled.
- Navigation may reset while driving.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Has the USB flash drive been created?
- Yes >>> Proceed to Step #5.
- No >>> Proceed to Step #2.
- Go to DealerCONNECT> Service> UCONNECT Information & Utilities> Uconnect Dealer software downloads to download the files.
- If a security message appears “Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely?” press No to continue.
NOTE: A blank USB flash drive must be used to download the software. Only one software update can be used on one USB flash drive.
NOTE: If the dealer cannot download the software, make sure you have proper security access. If not, have the Service Manager or Shop Foreman download the software update.
- To download the software files to a USB flash drive, follow the on screen instructions and perform the following.
- Acquire a blank USB flash drive with at least 4 gb of space.
- Download the software update file to your local pc’s desktop.
- Be sure to extract the file before copying it to the blank USB flash drive.
- A blank USB flash drive will be needed one for each radio update, additional updates can not be on the same USB flash drive.
- Once the file is saved to the USB flash drive, it is recommended you physically labelthe USB flash drive with the bulletin number and proper radio sales codes.
- With the engine running and radio powered on, insert the correct USB flash drive with new software into USB port.
- The next screen display will have the old and new software levels. The radio will be updated to 15.15.0.
- Is the radio at software level 15.15.0 or higher?
CAUTION: If the radio software level is at or above the level on the USB flash drive, DO NOT perform the update.
- Press the soft key “Yes” to start the update.
NOTE: If the software update process is interrupted, aborted or failed, the process should be restarted.
NOTE: Do not cycle the ignition or touch the radio during the update process.
- The update may take up to 20 minutes to load. No other actions will be needed to initiate the update.
- After the update is done, the screen will display the software levels again.
- Press “No” and turn the vehicle off. Open and close the driver’s door and let the Busgo to sleep.
NOTE: Make sure to leave ignition off, do not press the brake, and do not reopen any doors, so the modules will go to sleep.
- Cycle the ignition on, then back off one more time. Open and close the driver’s doorand let the Bus go to sleep. This will complete the radio update.
- Remove the USB flash drive, the bulletin is now complete.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-60-02-EY||Radio, Check Software Level and, Perform Software Update (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.5 Hrs.|
|18-60-02-EZ||Radio, Software – Create USB flash drive, Uconnect Website (One Time Only) (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs|
NOTE: The “One Time Only” LOP is used one time per dealer when downloading the software onto a USB flash drive. The dealer can only use the download LOP, one time for each of the radios listed.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Uconnect Updates – Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep Fiat