DATE: July 02, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-073. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Poor Audio Sound Quality
This bulletin involves upgrading the software in the Amplifier (AMP).
|2015||(JK)||Jeep Wrangler (International Only)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries:
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after March 23, 2015 (MDH 0323XX) and on or before April 29, 2015 (MDH 0429XX) equipped with Alpine® premium sound system (Sales Codes RC9).
The customer may experience poor audio sound quality.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are set. If DTCs or symptom conditions are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
CAUTION: Do not interrupt the software update process in any way once it has begun. It may cause permanent damage to the AMP which will require replacement.
- Reprogram the AMP with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allows them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-60-07-9E||Module, Amplifier – Reprogram and/or Inspect (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 3 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).