|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
DATE: August 05, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-082. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Door Noises And/Or Door Functions Inoperative
This bulletin involves inspecting all mechanical and electrical functions of all doors.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, LATAM
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before February 24, 2015 (MDH 0224XX).
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: Perform the following inspection steps to all four vehicle doors and take note of any loose and/or non-functioning mechanical or electrical items.
- Verify that the driver side front door can be locked and unlocked using the mechanical key.
- Using the right and left front door lock switches, verify that the door locks on all four doors can be electronically actuated and that there is no ratcheting noise during actuation.
- Verify that all four doors can be opened using the inside door handles.
- Using the inside mechanical door lock knob, verify that each of the four doors can be locked and unlocked.
- If the doors are equipped with power mirrors, Verify that both outside door mirrors can be electrically actuated in all directions using the mirror adjustment control buttons on the driver door armrest master switch.
- Using the driver door armrest master switch and individual door window switches, lower and raise each door glass to verify that each window functions properly with no unusual noises.
- Play the radio to verify that each door speaker works and does not produce buzzing and/or rattling noises.
- If the door trim panels are equipped with ambient lighting, verify that the lamps illuminate.
- Inspect the door trim panels for any loosness and/or missing fasteners.
- Verify that the doors can be opened using the exterior door handles and that thehandles are not loose.
- If the vehicle is equipped with passive entry, verify that the passive entry door handlesfunction properly.
- This bulletin has been completed, use LOP (23-41-01-9J) to close the active RRT.
- If any loose and/or non-functioning mechanical or electrical items were noted duringthe inspection process, repair those items using standard warranty labor operations.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:
|Inspect All Four Doors For Proper Function (1 – Semi-Skilled)
|6 – Electrical and Body Systems
NOTE: If a parts return request is received after completing a repair identified in this Service Bulletin, send an email to: GWASS@facgroup.com. The email subject line should include “SB 23-030-15 Part Return Relief Requested”. The email body should include the Repair Order number, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Dealer Code, Service Bulletin (SB) 23-030-15 and state that a part return request relief is needed. This action will allow FCA US LLC to remove the part return request before a chargeback occurs. Failure to complete this step, will result in a chargeback, and a longer appeal process.