DATE: July 15, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-077. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Fuel Economy Information Is Missing
This bulletin involves performing a wiTECH routine to reset the cluster, so the fuel economy information will be properly displayed.
|2015||(DS)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 13, 2015 (MDH 0613XX) equipped with Instrument Cluster W/Display Screen (Sales Codes JAT).
The customer may notice that the fuel economy information screen is blank, as seen in (Fig. 1).
Blank cluster display screen
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify that no Diagnostic Trouble codes (DTCs) are set. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Is the fuel economy information missing in the cluster as seen in (Fig. 1)?
- Yes >>> Proceed to Step #2.
- No >>> This bulletin has been complete use LOP 18-19-47-B9 to close the active RRT.
- Connect the wiTECH and go into the Misc-Function under Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) tab.
- Perform the Misc-Function named IPC_42_Initialize_Without_Odometer_Affect, to reset the cluster.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set performing this routine.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-47-B9||Module, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Inspect and or Perform Routine (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|