THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 21-031-16, DATED SEPTEMBER 21, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE AN ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC), UPDATED FAILURE CODE STATEMENT AND LOP FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Transmission Diagnostic and Shift Enhancements
|2015 – 2016||(BU)||Jeep Renegade|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: EMEA.
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find one of the following DTCs have been set:
- **P0887 – TCM Power Control Circuit High.**
- P061B – Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance.
- P072F – Stuck In Fourth Gear.
- P0711 – Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range-Performance (2015 BU Only).
- P1CC9 – Unable to Engage Gear (2015 BU Only).
- P1D98 – Incorrect Gear Ratio Clutch B or D Defective (2015 BU Only).
- U0401 – Implausible Data Received From ECM-PCM (2015 BU Only).
In addition, customers may notice the following condition(s):
- Harsh 1-2 upshift.
- Harsh garage shifts (Park to Reverse or Drive).
- CAN bus message may drop out after a network restart.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed or if the technician finds the DTC, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) must be updated to the latest available software at the conclusion of this repair procedure. Refer to all applicable published service bulletins for detailed repair procedures and labor times regarding updating the PCM software.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the TCM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allows them to be cleared.
- Verify the PCM is programmed with the latest available software. Refer to all applicable published service bulletins for detailed repair procedures and labor times regarding updating the PCM software.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-05-GL||Module, Transmission Control (TCM) – Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||2 – Automatic Transmission||0.2 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 4 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
**The dealer must use failure code CC with this Service Bulletin.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- When utilizing this failure code the 3C’s (customer’s concern, cause and correction) must be provided for processing Service Bulletin flash/reprogramming conditions.**
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).