GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: July 24, 2015
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-079. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Clicking Noise From Auxiliary Water Pump Relay
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before July 10, 2015 (MDH 0710XX).
A small number of customers may experience a clicking type noise coming from the engine area while driving. The concern may be caused by rapid activation and deactivation of the auxiliary water pump relay. This software update will improve the activation and deactivation cycle of the auxiliary water pump relay.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest available software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-06-DT||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||8 – Engine Performance||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 6 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and the dealer found updated software to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, than failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
J2534 Device Firmware VersionCTC Vehicle Box *1.9UCAN 21.0Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer2.10Actia I+ME Passthru2.07
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).