GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: June 04, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-055-15, DATED SEPTEMBER 03, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCs) AND LABOR OP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements
|2015||(DJ)||Ram 2500 Pickup|
|2015||(DD)||Ram 3500 Cab Chassis|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, EMEA, LATAM, APAC.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with 5.7L Engines (Sales Codes EZC or EZF).
A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) set in the PCM memory:
- **P0335 – Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.
- P0456 – EVAP System Small Leak.
- P2610 – PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance.**
- P0300 – Multiple Cylinder Misfire.
- P0301 – Cylinder 1 Misfire.
- P0302 – Cylinder 2 Misfire.
- P0303 – Cylinder 3 Misfire.
- P0304 – Cylinder 4 Misfire.
- P0305 – Cylinder 5 Misfire.
- P0306 – Cylinder 6 Misfire.
- P0307 – Cylinder 7 Misfire.
- P0308 – Cylinder 8 Misfire.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above or if the technician finds the DTC, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-KC||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) – Reprogram (0 – Introduction)||1 – Engine Repair and Performance||0.2 Hrs**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 5 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).