GROUP: 08 – Electrical
DATE: October 6, 2017
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-063-16, DATED MAY 27, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES EMEA AND APAC MARKETS, 2017 MY FB VEHICLES, 20152017 MY BU VEHICLES, UPDATED BUILD DATES, SYMPTOM/CONDITIONS, SOFTWARE LEVEL, FAILURE CODE STATEMENT AND LOPS.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 16-046. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
RA2 RJ2 RG2 RL2 and RM2 Radio Enhancements
This bulletin involves updating the radio with the latest available software.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA,
**EMEA and APAC (Japan and South Korea).**
NOTE: The RRT portion of this bulletin applies to FB vehicles built on or before April 14, 2016 (MDH 0414XX) equipped with Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (Sales Code RA2) and equipped with Premium Audio System (Sales Code RC4).
The customer may notice one of the following:
- **The parking sensor (warning chime) is still audible after the key is in the off position (EMEA and APAC Only).
- The radio re-boots if more than five favorite presets are set for each category (i.e. Sport or Rock) (RA2 Sales Code Only).
- Emergency number (i.e. 911) not set as default (U.S. BU Vehicles Only).
- Radio re-boots or displays black screens.**
- When receiving or making outgoing phone calls, the other person may hear an echo or repeated phrases (16 MY FB Only).
- A false message displayed in the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) such as “Parking Sensors Unavailable” and/or “Sound System Unavailable” (16 MY FB Only).
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
- Has a USB flash drive been created?
- YES>>> Proceed to Step 3.
- NO>>> Proceed to Step 2.
- Go to DealerCONNECT>Service>Uconnect Command Center>Uconnect>More Information >Dealer software downloads to download the files. Follow the instructions on the website to create the USB flash drive.
NOTE: If the dealer cannot download the software, make sure you have proper security access. If not, have the Service Manager or Shop Foreman download the software update.
- With the ignition on and radio powered up, insert the USB flash drive with new software into USB hub.
- The next screen display will have the old and new software levels. The radio will be updated to **12.00.24.04.
- Is the radio at software level 12.00.24.04 or higher?**
- YES>>> This bulletin does not apply, press “Abort” and remove the USB flash drive. Normal diagnostics should be performed. Use LOP (18-60-02-JT) to close the active RRT.
- NO>>> Proceed to Step 6.
- Press “Start” to proceed with the update.
- The update may take 15 minutes. No other actions will be needed during the update.
NOTE: If the software update process is interrupted/aborted, the process should be restarted.
NOTE: Do not cycle the ignition or touch the radio during the update process.
NOTE: During this process the screen will go blank two times. Once in the beginning and once at the end of the re-flash process.
- After the update is done downloading, the screen will display “Update successful”. Please remove the USB flash drive.
- Do not turn off the ignition as the update is not complete. Please wait until the normal radio display appears. This action may take 40 seconds.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-60-02-JT||Radio, Check Software Level (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|**18-60-02-PE||Radio, Check Software Level and Perform Software Update (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.3 Hrs.**|
|18-60-02-JV||Radio, Software – Create USB flash Drive Uconnect Website (One Time Only) (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The “One Time Only” LOP is used one time per dealer when downloading the software onto a USB flash drive.
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 18 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
**The dealer must choose which failure code to use depending on if this is a Rapid Response Transmittal (RRT) or Service Bulletin.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used. When utilizing this failure code, the 3C’s must be supplied.
- The failure code “RF” (Required Flash) can no longer be used on Service Bulletin flashes. The “RF” failure code can only be used on RRT.
- The “RF” failure code is required for essential module flash/reprogramming and can only be used after confirmation that the VIN is included on the RRT.**