NUMBER: 18-005-16 REV. A
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: May 11, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 18-005-16, DATED JANUARY 12, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) AND NEW LABOR OP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: 2.0L Diagnostic And System Improvements
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs):
- **P0335-00 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit.**
- P030X - Cylinder X Misfire improvements when P0335 (Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit) is present.
- P0116 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1 Performance.
- P0456 - EVAP System Small Leak.
- P0441 - EVAP Purge System Performance.
- P1D73 - AGS (Active Grill Shutter) Performance.
- U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module (BCM).
In addition to the above conditions, a customer may also experience the following symptoms:
- ASD/Fuel pump relay cycling during remote start.
- E15 cold start improvements in temperatures below -7°C (20°F).
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition or if the technician finds the DTCs listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-JT||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||1 - Engine Repair and Performance||0.2 Hrs**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 4 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.
18-005-16 REV. A
18-062-15 REV. A
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).
Compatible J2534 Devices