NUMBER: 23-001-16 REV. E
DATE: May 26, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 23-001-16 REV. D, DATED APRIL 19, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES SYMPTOM/CONDITION VERBIAGE CHANGE.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 16-011. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
Center Console Lid Binding
This bulletin involves adding a rubber bumper to the console lid to prevent the lid from binding.
|2015-2016||(D2)||Ram 3500 Pickup|
|2015-2016||(DD)||Ram 3500 Cab Chassis|
|2015-2016||(DP)||Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis|
|2015-2016||(DX)||Ram Truck (Mexico)|
|2016||(DF)||Ram 3500 10K lb Cab Chassis|
|2015-2016||(DS)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
|2015-2016||(DJ)||Ram 2500 Pickup|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to D2 vehicles built on or after April 18, 2015 (MDH 0418XX) and on or before October 06, 2015 (MDH 1006XX) equipped with a Floor Console (Sales Codes CM5, CUF, CUP and CVT).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to DD vehicles built on or after April 20, 2015 (MDH 0420XX) and on or before October 06, 2015 (MDH 1006XX) equipped with a Floor Console (Sales Codes CM5, CUF, CUP and CVT).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to DF vehicles built on or after April 24, 2015 (MDH 0424XX) and on or before September 05, 2015 (MDH 0905XX) equipped with a Floor Console (Sales Codes CM5, CUF, CUP and CVT).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to DP vehicles built on or after April 21, 2015 (MDH 0421XX) and on or before October 06, 2015 (MDH 10067XX) equipped with a Floor Console (Sales Codes CM5, CUF, CUP and CVT).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to DX vehicles built on or after April 18, 2015 (MDH 0418XX) and on or before October 06, 2015 (MDH 1006XX) equipped with a Floor Console (Sales Codes CM5, CUF, CUP and CVT).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to DS vehicles built on or after April 05, 2015 (MDH 0405XX) and on or before October 07, 2015 (MDH 1007XX) equipped with a Floor Console (Sales Codes CM5, CUF, CUP and CVT).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to DJ vehicles built on or after April 17, 2015 (MDH 0417XX) and on or before October 07, 2015 (MDH 1007XX) equipped with a Floor Console (Sales Codes CM5, CUF, CUP and CVT).
**This bulletin will help prevent a binding or an audible clicking noise in the center console lid.
NOTE: Do not attempt to fix a center console lid that has an existing binding or audible condition by adding the bumper.**
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition listed above, replace the console lid under normal warranty process and procedures.
|1||Bumper Kit, Rubber||68315574AA|
SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Locate the center console inside the vehicle.
- Slowly open the upper lid of the center console while checking the gap between the bottom of the upper lid and the top of the lower lid for rubbing together as shown in (Fig. 1).
- Check the rear of the upper lid hinge for binding or an audible clicking as shown in (Fig. 2).
- Repeat Step #2 three times by fully opening and closing the upper lid until completely latched.
- Does the center console upper lid indicate binding, hesitation or an audible clicking at the rear of the lid to the lower console?
- YES >>> This bulletin does not apply. Use the Inspection LOP (23-14-15-92) to close the active RRT. Replace the console armrest in accordance with Service Information under normal warranty process and procedures.
- NO >>> Continue with the Repair Procedure in Step #6.
- Move either the driver or passenger seat all the way forward in the vehicle.
- If equipped, open a rear door.
- Using trim stick tool C-4755, remove the rear panel from the back of the console as shown in (Fig. 3).
- Using the bumper kit, remove the tail as shown in (Fig. 4).
- At the rear of the center console wall on the lower lid, identify the two notches as shown in (Fig. 5).
1 – Notches
2 – Location Of Bumper Installation
- At the center of the console wall on the lower lid (as noted in the previous step), insert the bumper where the red triangle is shown. It will take some effort to push the bumper in flush with the edge of the lower lid as shown in (Fig. 6) and (Fig. 7).
1 – Rear Of The Center Console
2 – Hinge
3 – Lower Lid
4 – Bumper
5 – Front Of The Console
1 – Bumper
- To assist the installation of the bumper, press the back wall of the lower lid to relieve some tension while inserting the bumper as shown in (Fig. 8).
1 – Press The Back Wall
- Reinstall the rear panel. Confirm the panel is fully seated and all clips are engaged.
- Confirm the repair by slowly opening the upper lid of the center console while moving the upper lid side to side/back and forth check the rear of the upper lid hinge for binding, hesitation or an audible clicking.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|23-14-15-92||Inspection Only (1 – Semi-Skilled)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|23-14-15-93||Rubber Bumper, Install (1 – Semi-Skilled)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
23-001-16 REV. E
23-001-16 REV. D
23-001-16 REV. A
- Convenient, disposable wipes protect your car's rich look
- Original protectant wipes renew and revitalize vinyl, rubber and plastic
- Cleaning wipes easily remove ground-in dirt, dust and grime
- Glass wipes easily removes filmy residue, road grime, bugs, fingerprints and more
- Lint-free-won't leave greasy residue on hands
- One 30 count canister of Armor All Original Formula Car Protectant Wipes
- A convenient wipe with the proven protection of Armor All Original Protectant
- Safely cleans automotive interiors, including vinyl, plastic and rubber
- Protects against UV damage to prevent cracking and fading
- Adds shine to restore the rich, deep look of your dashboard, console, door panels and vinyl seats
- Car Cleaning Supplies: One 30 count canister Armor All Glass Wipes and one 30 count canister of Armor All Original Car Protectant Wipes
- Vinyl Protectant: Convenient car wipes in two formulas to safely clean auto glass, vinyl, plastic and rubber
- Interior Care: Armor All Protectant cleans, shines and protects your car interior
- Glass Cleaner: Armor All Glass Wipes remove road grime, filmy residue, fingerprints and bugs
- UV Protection: Interior car cleaner restores luster and fights UV damage
- Cleans, conditions and protects leather
- Luxurious wipes renew and revive leather’s natural beauty
- Cleansing agents reach into the grain to safely remove dirt & soil
- Conditioners enhance natural beauty, restore supple feel
- Powerful blocking agents help protect against stains, cracking & fading
- Leather Care Wipes: 2 count pack of Armor All Ceramic Leather Cleaning Wipes, includes Ceramic Leather and Extreme Protectant Wipes
- Stain Blocker: Stain repelling technology provides long-lasting protection from liquids and stains
- Convenient Clean: Car leather cleaner and conditioner is formulated to make leather easier to clean
- Protect and Maintain: UV blockers in these leather care wipes protect and maintain leather
- Safe for Variety of Leather: Dye-free formula is safe for heated leather car seats, perforated leather surfaces and leather of any color
- Effective cleaning in a convenient and disposable wipe
- Natural, matte finish leaves behind a subtle orange fragrance
- Easily removes ground-in dirt, dust and grime
- Great for the whole car (dash, vinyl, fabric, carpet, consoles, leather, and more)
- Won’t dry out, damage, or fade automotive surfaces
- Armor All's highest shine protectant in a convenient disposable wipe
- Helps prevent cracking fading discoloration and premature aging
- Enhances your vehicle's deep rich look and adds beautiful shine
- Renews and revitalizes vinyl, rubber and plastic
- [Interior Car Cleaning Kit]: Armor All Car Interior Car Cleaning Wipes Kit includes Armor All Leather Care Wipes, Armor All Glass Wipes, Armor All Disinfectant Wipes, and Armor All Protectant Wipes
- [Car Cleaning Wipes]: Four count car wipes that keep car interiors looking sparkly clean while not damaging surfaces
- [Car Leather Care Wipes]: Preserves the plush appearance and conditioned feel of leather upholstery
- [Car Glass Wipes]: Leaves a crystal clear, streak-free shine on delicate glass surfaces in car interiors
- [Car Disinfectant Wipes]: Reveals the car’s rich, natural beauty while lifting away dirt and debris without harming delicate automotive surfaces
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.