GROUP: 08 - Electrical
DATE: September 27, 2017
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 17-094. ALL APPLICABLE UN-SOLD RRT VIN’s HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE UN-SOLD VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT.
THE wiTECH 2 SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
This bulletin involves re-configuring the IPC with the latest available software to correct an issue with the service intervals.
|2018||(M6)||Jeep Compass (India)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: APAC.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 01, 2017 (MDH 0801XX) equipped with a 2.0L I4 Turbo Diesel Engine (Sales Code EBT).
The service interval for India is 15,000 km or 365 days, currently the IPC displays 20,000 km. Restoring proxy alignment will reset service interval at 15,000 km or 365 days.
Using a scan tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify no Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are set. If DTCs are present, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. If any vehicle not on the VIN list exhibits the symptom/condition, perform the repair.
- Does the IPC display the incorrect information with 20,000 km?
- YES>>> Proceed to Step 2.
- NO>>> This bulletin has been completed, use inspect LOP (18-19-47-AT) to close the active RRT.
NOTE: Obtain a vehicle Personal Identification Number (PIN) through the normal dealership process before configuring.
- Using wiTECH 2, perform “restore vehicle configuration” under Body Control Module (BCM) misc functions.
- Enter PIN number.
- Using wiTECH 2, select “proxy configuration alignment” under IPC misc functions.
- Using wiTECH 2 clear any DTCs which may have been set during the reconfiguration.
- Once the procedure is completed check for the service interval change from 20,000 km to 15,000 km.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-19-47-AT||Cluster, Instrument Panel - Inspect (0 - Introduction)||6 - Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
|18-19-47-AU||Cluster, Instrument Panel - Re-configure Vehicle (0 - Introduction)||6 - Electrical and Body Systems||0.3 Hrs.|
The dealer must choose which failure code to use depending on if this is a Rapid Response Transmittal (RRT) or Service Bulletin.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used. When utilizing this failure code, the 3C’s must be supplied.
- The failure code “RF” (Required Flash) can no longer be used on Service Bulletin flashes. The “RF” failure code can only be used on RRT.
- The “RF” failure code is required for essential module flash/reprogramming and can only be used after confirmation that the VIN is included on the RRT.
GROUP: 08 Electrical
DATE: September 27, 2017
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).
Compatible J2534 Devices