GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: May 06, 2016
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 18-027-15 REV. C, DATED DECEMBER 24, 2015 WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES.
ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE UPDATED VEHICLE INFORMATION FOR 2013 MODEL YEAR (MY) WITH MANUAL TRANS & EURO 4 EMISSIONS, SYMPTOMS/CONDITIONS, AND LOP.
FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: 1.4L Diagnostic And System Improvements
|2012 - 2013||(FF)||Fiat 500/Abarth|
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find that the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) have been set:
- P1128-00 - Closed Loop Fueling Not Achieved - Bank 1 Upstream.
- P1524-00 - Oil Pressure Out Of Range - Camshaft Advance/Retard Disabled (Sales Code EAF only).
- P1607-00 - PCM Internal Shutdown Timer Rationality (Sales Code EAB only).
- P2610-00 - PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance (Sales Code EAB only).
- P1239-00 - Engine Oil Temperature Too Low (Sales Code EAB only).
- P0298-00 - Engine Oil Temperature Too High (Sales Code EAB only).
- P2299-00 - Brake Pedal Position/Accelerator Pedal Position Incompatible.
- P0456-00 - Evap System Small Leak.
Some customers may also experience the following conditions:
- Intermittent fast crank condition.
- Cranks as if no compression.
- Intermittent crank - no start condition.
In addition, the following software enhancement is available:
- ** Scan tool enhancements to communicate with wiTECH to read DTCs descriptions for 2013 MY vehicles equipped with manual transmissions (Sales Code DDF) and Euro 4 Emission W/OBD (Sales Code NB4).**
- Improved reverse lamp activation time.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom/condition or if the technician finds any of the above DTCs, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the application’s “HELP” tab.
- Is vehicle equipped with a manual transmission?
- Perform Cruise Control Learn Procedure.
- Turn the Ignition Key to the OFF/LOCK position for 10 seconds to allow the moduleto power down.
- Turn the Ignition Key to the ON/RUN position.
- Press, then release the Cruise ON/OFF button on the steering wheel.
- Start the Engine.
- Press the Cruise ON/OFF button to verify that the Cruise indicator illuminates on thecluster.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-19-06-JN||Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||1 - Engine Repair and Performance||0.3 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 5 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.