DATE: January 10, 2017
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-038-15, DATED APRIL 18, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES A REPAIR PROCEDURE NOTE.
RBZ Or RHB Radio Enhancements
This bulletin involves reprogramming RBZ or RHB radios with the latest available software.
|2012 – 2014||(JK)||Jeep Wrangler|
|2012 – 2013||(WD)||Dodge Durango|
|2012 – 2014||(LC)||Dodge Challenger|
|2012||(D2)||Ram 3500 Pickup|
|2012||(DX)||Dodge Reg Cab Chassis (Mexico)|
|2012||(DS)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
|2012 – 2013||(WK)||Jeep Grand Cherokee|
|2012||(DP)||Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis|
|2012 – 2014||(MK)||Jeep Compass/Patriot|
|2012||(DJ)||Ram 2500 Pickup|
|2012 – 2014||(RT)||Chrysler Town Country/Dodge Caravan|
|2012||(DD)||Ram 3500 Cab Chassis|
|2012 – 2014||(JS)||Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger|
Customers may experience one or more of the following:
- When changing the language on the radio, the navigation may still display English.
- Help prevent navigation lockup.
- Ghost image of the vehicle’s brand logo on the display screen.
- Digital photos loaded onto the hard drive intermittently get lost.
- Sirius audio pop on power up.
- HFM audio pop on power up.
- HFM Mode resume with no information.
For RHB Radios Only:
- Trip planner does not save a route after is was created.
- Route guidance does not activate after the vehicle shuts down.
- Longitude entry does not allow enough digits.
- CD/DVD will not play.
- Navigation accept screen will not clear.
- Navigation shows “acquiring signal” for an extended period of time.
- New navigation graphics.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the customer describes the symptom listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: **For MY 2013 and 2014 vehicles equipped with a Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV Radio (Sales Code RHB), a new navigation software update may be available. Please update the navigation software before the radio software.**
- Does the radio have an RBZ sales code?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step #5.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step #2.
- Check the navigation software version.
- Is the navigation software version at 5.11 or higher?
- YES >>> The radio has the latest software already in it. This bulletin doesn’tpertain, follow normal diagnostics and warranty process.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step #4
NOTE: Some early built 2012 RHB radios were built with an different navigation computer board and the highest the software level went to was 2.90. Navigation software level for late built RHB radios went up to 5.11.
- Is the navigation software version between 2.90 and 5.11?
- Has the USB flash drive been created?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step #8.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step #6.
- Go to DealerCONNECT>Service>Uconnect Information & Utilities> Uconnect Dealer software downloads to download the files.
- If a security message appears “Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely?” press ”NO” to continue.
NOTE: The site is optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or 10. Use these software versions if you encounter a problem downing load the software.
- Acquire a blank USB flash drive with at least 4 GB of space.
- Download the software update file to your local PC’s desktop.
- Be sure to extract the file before copying it to the blank USB.
- A blank USB flash drive will be needed one for each radio update, both updates can not be on the same USB flash drive.
- Once the file is saved to the USB flash drive, it is recommended you label the USB flash drive with the bulletin number and radio sales code. 08-003-17
NOTE: If the software update process is interrupted/aborted, the process should be restarted.
- Remove any customer USB flash drives from the radio face plate.
- With the engine running and radio powered on, insert the correct USB flash drive with new software into USB hub.
- When prompted, “Update baseline data files on HDD?” appears press “YES”.
- Does the radio have an RBZ sales code?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step #14.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step #12.
- The next screen display will have the old and new navigation software levels, press“YES”.
NOTE: Do not cycle the ignition or adjust the radio (volume, channels, est.) during the update process.
NOTE: If the navigation software was 2.90 or lower, you will receive a “PND Failure” indicating that the update was not needed. Press OK to continue.
- Once the navigation download has been completed the screen will display “PNDUpdated Completed”, this should only take two minutes. Press OK to continue.
- The next screen display will have the old and new radio software levels.
- Is the radio software level at 50.00.07 or higher?
- YES >>> The radio has already been updated, proceed to Step #18.
- NO >>> Press “YES” to update the radios software.
- When prompted, “Update baseline data files on HDD?” appears press “NO”.
- When prompted, “Update Application Software From 50.00.07 to 50.00.07, appearspress “NO”.
- Remove the USB flash drive, the update has been completed.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|18-60-02-CW||Radio, Check and Perform Software Update. (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.3 Hrs.|
|18-60-02-CX||Radio, Software – Create USB Flash Drive (One Time Only). (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.