NUMBER: 08-020-17 REV. A
DATE: May 19, 2017
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-020-17, DATED FEBRUARY 25, 2017, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMS/CONDITIONS AND UPDATED FAILURE CODE STATEMENT.
Flash: Hands Free Module (HFM) Enhancements
This bulletin involves reprogramming the HFM with the latest available software.
|2013 - 2017||(RT)||Chrysler Town & Country
Dodge Grand Caravan
|2013 - 2017||(MK)||Jeep Compass/Patriot|
|2013 - 2017||(JK)||Jeep Wrangler|
|2013 - 2014||(LC)||Dodge Challenger|
|2013 - 2014||(JS)||Dodge Avenger
|2013||(WK)||Jeep Grand Cherokee|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to MK vehicles built on or before December 23, 2016 (MDH 1223XX) equipped with UConnect Voice Command W/Bluetooth® (Sales Codes RSP or RSQ) and with one of the radios listed on the next page.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to RT and JK vehicles built on or before January 30, 2017 (MDH 0130XX) equipped with UConnect Voice Command W/Bluetooth (Sales Codes RSP or RSQ) and with one of the radios listed on the next page.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to LC, JS, WD and WK vehicles built on or before September 30, 2015 (MDH 0930XX) equipped with UConnect Voice Command W/Bluetooth (Sales Codes RSP or RSQ) and with one of the radios listed below:
- Uconnect Voice Command W/Bluetooth.
- Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV (Sales Code RHB).
- Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD (Sales Code RBZ).
- Media Center 431 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD (Sales Code RB2).
- Uconnect 230 6CD/DVD/MP3 (Sales Code REQ).
- Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3 (Sales Code RES).
The customer may notice one of the following:
- **HFM is offline.
- The HFM does not respond to the phone button or voice recognition button press.
- When pressing the phone button, the message "Uconnect phone not available" is present on the radio.**
- The hands free feature (Bluetooth®) does not work.
Upon further investigation the technician may find that the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been set:
- U0197 - Lost Communication With Hands Free Phone Module.