February 8, 2018
Being able to shift the transmission without pushing the brake pedal and/or without a key in the ignition can increase the risk of an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in personal injury or a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V100
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 180,462
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017-2018 RAM 1500, 2500, 3500, 3500 Cab Chassis, 4500 Cab Chassis, and 5500 Cab Chassis vehicles, all equipped with a column shifter. Pushing the brake pedal for prolonged periods when the vehicle is running and in PARK may cause the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) pin to stick in the open position. With the pin in the open position, the transmission can be shifted out of PARK into any gear without pushing the brake pedal or having the key in the ignition.
Chrysler will notify owners and dealers will update the Body Control Module software. Dealers will also test the BTSI operation, replacing the solenoid as necessary. The recall began February 26, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U11.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Revised April 2018
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall U11 / NHTSA 18V-100 Brake Transmission Shift Interlock
NOTE: Page 1 “Models” changed to “Remedy Available”. Page 19 and Page 20 "U11 Addendum Card" changed to "BTSI Addendum Card".
NOTE: For all vehicles that were previously repaired under this safety recall (prior to February 18, 2018) drive the vehicle until at least 10 MPH is achieved for 5 seconds. For 2018 MY vehicles also perform the battery disconnect and BUS cycle included in steps 17 through 19 in Section C.
Remedy Available √
|2017 - 2018||(DS)||RAM 1500 Pickup|
|2017 - 2018||(DJ)||RAM 2500 Pickup|
|2017 - 2018||(D2)||RAM 3500 Pickup|
|2017 - 2018||(DD)||RAM 3500 Chassis Cab|
|2017 - 2018||(DF)||RAM 3500 10K GVWR Chassis Cab|
|2017 - 2018||(DP)||RAM 4500/5500 Chassis Cab|
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a column shift automatic transmission. This safety recall does not affect vehicles equipped with a rotary or floor shifter or manual transmission.
|IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer new vehicle inventory. Federal law requires you to complete this recall service on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also consider this requirement to apply to used vehicle inventory and should perform this recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.|
The Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) locking pin on about 180,400 of the above vehicles may become stuck in the open position. A BTSI locking pin stuck in the open position may allow the transmission to be shifted out of PARK and to any gear position without depression of the brake pedal and/or without the key in the ignition, if a key is applicable, or while the ignition is in the “OFF” mode. The ability to shift the transmission out of the PARK position while the ignition is in the “OFF” mode or without a key in the ignition or a brake pedal application, increases the risk for an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in a vehicle crash or injury without prior warning.
WARNING: Never use the PARK position as a substitute for the parking brake. Always apply the parking brake fully when parked to guard against vehicle movement and possible injury or damage. Refer to your owner's manual for additional information regarding proper parking brake usage.
Test the BTSI operation and replace if necessary. Reprogram the Body Control Module (BCM) with new software and place an addendum card in the owner manual. Instruct the vehicle owner to read the addendum card in order to become familiar with the revised BTSI operation.
Perform the Service Procedure Section A. BTSI Inspection before ordering part.
|DS - All||DFP - 6-SPD Automatic 66RFE Transmission|
|DJ - All||DG7 - 6-SPD Automatic 68RFE Transmission|
|DD - DFP||DG1 - 6-SPD Automatic 65RFE Transmission|
|D2 - DFP or DG7|
|DF - DFP|
|Bracket, Gearshift (Includes BTSI)||CSZHT791AA|
|DP - All||DF2 - 6-SPD Automatic Aisin AS69RC Transmission|
|DD - DF2 or DF3||DF3 - 6-SPD Automatic Aisin AS66RC Transmission|
|D2 - DF2|
|DF - DF2 or DF3|
|Bracket, Gearshift (Includes BTSI)||CSZHT792AA|
Due to the small number of involved vehicles expected to require gearshift bracket / BTSI replacement, no parts will be distributed initially. The gearshift bracket / BTSI should be ordered only after inspection determines that replacement is required. Very few vehicles are expected to require gearshift bracket / BTSI replacement.
No parts return required for this campaign.
The following special tools are required to perform this repair:
|wiTECH micro pod II|
A. BTSI Inspection
NOTE: This process is to determine if the BTSI needs to be replaced.
- If the shifter is blocked then continue with Step 3.
- If the shifter moves freely, then follow the repair procedure to replace the BTSI. Proceed to Section B. Gearshift Bracket / BTSI Assembly Replacement.
- Place the ignition switch in the “RUN” position and leave the shift lever in the “PARK” position. Only minimal force is required, do not force the shift lever.
- Turn off the radio, Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), and any other accessories that are making noise. Also have all vehicle windows in the up and closed position to reduce outside noises.
NOTE: Do not move the shift lever from the “PARK” position during Steps 5 through 9.
- Place your hand on the shift lever knob and push lightly on the shift lever toward the instrument panel. This will allow you to feel a click sensation from BTSI solenoid pin movement when the brake pedal is applied and released (Figure 1).
- Listen for a click sound from the BTSI solenoid pin movement while also feeling for the corresponding click sensation in the shift lever when the brake is applied and released.
Figure 1 – Push Lightly On Shift Lever
Knob Toward Instrument Panel To Feel
BTSI Solenoid Pin Movement
- After you are familiar with both the sound and feel of the BTSI pin movement in Steps 5 and 6, continue with Step 8.
- Place your hand on the shift lever knob as instructed in Step 5 then apply and hold the brake pedal for a count of five seconds.
- After five seconds of holding the brake pedal down, release the brake pedal while both listening and feeling for the click of the BTSI pin movement. The sound and feel of the BTSI pin movement should occur immediately within 0-2 seconds upon release of the brake pedal.
- If the BTSI pin could be heard and felt moving within 0-2 seconds, then the BTSI inspection process is complete and the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly does not need to be replaced. Place the ignition switch in the “OFF” position then proceed to Section C. Reprogram Body Control Module (BCM).
- If the BTSI pin could not be heard and felt moving within 0-2 seconds, then continue with Step 10.
NOTE: For the BTSI test in steps 10 and 11, do not place your hand on the shift lever until instructed to do so.
- Do not place your hand on the shift lever. With the ignition switch in the “RUN” position, apply and hold the brake pedal for a count of five seconds.
- After five seconds of holding the brake pedal down, release the brake pedal. Wait exactly 2 seconds then attempt to move the shift lever out of the “PARK” position. Only minimal force is required, do not force the shift lever.
- If the shift lever cannot be moved from the “PARK” position 2 seconds after the brake pedal is released, the BTSI inspection process is complete and the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly does not need to be replaced. Proceed to Section C. Reprogram Body Control Module (BCM).
- If the shift lever can be moved out of the “PARK” position 2 seconds after the brake pedal is released, then the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly must be replaced. Proceed to Section B. Gearshift Bracket / BTSI Assembly Replacement.
B. Gearshift Bracket / BTSI Assembly Replacement
- Open the vehicle hood
- Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, disengage the retainer clip that secures the hood release handle to the steering column opening cover, and remove the hood release handle from the cover (Figure 2).
Figure 2 – Hood Release Handle
- Remove and save the two screws that secure the bottom of the steering column opening cover to the instrument panel (Figure 3).
- Using a trim stick C-4775 or equivalent, release the eight spring clips that attach the steering column opening cover to the instrument panel (Figure 3)
Figure 3 – Steering Column Opening Cover
- Remove the data link connector from the steering column opening cover by pressing in the tabs and pushing the connector through the opening on the back side of the cover (Figure 4).
- If equipped: Disconnect the electrical connectors for any electrical devices from the steering column opening cover.
- Remove and save the steering column opening cover.
- Remove and save the upper steering column shroud by pushing gently inward and upward on both sides of the upper shroud just above the joint line to the lower shroud to release the snap features that secure the shrouds together (Figure 7).
Figure 7 – Steering Column Upper Shroud
- Remove and save the T20 starhead screw that retains the lower shroud to the steering column (Figure 8).
Figure 8 – Steering Column Lower Shroud
- Carefully move the lower shroud to clear the steering column tilt lever then remove and save the lower shroud. (Figure 8).
- Disconnect the shift cable from the gearshift bracket (Figure 9).
Figure 9 – Shift Cable
- Disconnect the upshift/downshift electrical harness connector (Figure 10).
- Release the upshift/downshift electrical harness connector retainer (Figure 10).
- Disconnect the BTSI electrical harness connector (Figure 11).
- Remove and save the three T27 star-head screws securing the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly to the steering column (Figure 12).
- Remove the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly with shift lever from the steering column then transfer to bench (Figure 13).
- Remove the upshift/downshift electrical harness from the retaining clip (Figure 13).
- Release the upshift/downshift electrical harness retainer from the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly (Figure 13).
- Remove and save the E10 starhead pinch bolt securing the shift lever to the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly (Figure 13).
- Remove and save the gearshift lever from the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly (Figure 13).
Figure 12 – Gearshift Bracket / BTSI Assembly Screws
- Discard the old gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly.
- Verify the new gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly to be used has a paint mark on the BTSI solenoid (Figure 14).
- Install the gearshift lever to the new gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly and ensure the gearshift lever is fully inserted into the gearshift bracket (Figure 15).
Figure 14 – Gearshift Bracket / BTSI Assembly Paint Mark Verification
- Install the E10 star-head pinch bolt securing the shift lever to the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly. Tighten the pinch bolt to 11 N·m (97 in. lbs.) (Figure 13). Ensure shift lever is properly seated and not loose after tightening.
- Attach the upshift/downshift electrical harness retainer to the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly (Figure 13).
- Install the upshift/downshift electrical harness to the retaining clip (Figure 13).
- Install the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly with shift lever to the steering column.
- Install the three T27 star-head screws securing the gearshift bracket / BTSI assembly to the steering column. Tighten the screws to 10 N·m (89 in. lbs.) (Figure 12).
- Connect the BTSI electrical harness connector (Figure 11).
- Install the upshift/downshift electrical harness connector retainer (Figure 10).
- Connect the upshift/downshift electrical harness connector (Figure 10).
- Connect the shift cable to the gearshift bracket (Figure 9).
- Carefully position the lower shroud over the steering column tilt lever and onto the steering column (Figure 8).
- Install the T20 star-head screw that retains the lower shroud to the steering column. Tighten the screw to 2.3 N·m (20 in. lbs.) (Figure 8).
- Attach the upper steering column shroud by pushing gently inward on both sides of the upper shroud just above the joint line to the lower shroud and attach to the lower shroud using the snap features (Figure 7).
- Install the two T20 star-head screws that attach the lower steering column shroud to the upper shroud. Tighten the screws to 1.3 N·m (12 in. lbs.) (Figure 6).
- If equipped: Connect the electrical connectors for any electrical devices to the steering column opening cover.
- Install the data link connector to the steering column opening cover by pushing the connector through the opening on the back side of the cover and fully engaging the lock tabs of the connector (Figure 4).
- Attach the steering column opening cover to the instrument panel with the eight spring clips (Figure 3).
- Install the two screws that secure the steering column opening cover to the instrument panel. Tighten the screws to 3.6 N·m (32 in. lbs.) (Figure 3).
- Position the hood release handle onto the steering column opening cover and fully engage the retainer clip that secures the hood release handle to the steering column opening cover (Figure 2).
- Proceed to Section C. Reprogram Body Control Module (BCM).
C. Reprogram Body Control Module (BCM)
NOTE: The wiTECH scan tool must be used to perform this recall. The wiTECH software is required to be at the latest release level before performing this procedure. If the reprogramming flash for the BCM is aborted or interrupted, repeat the procedure. The BCM must be at the latest calibration level after completing this recall.
- Open the hood. Install a battery charger and verify that the charging rate provides 13.0 to 13.5 volts. Do not allow the charger to time out during the flash process. Set the battery charger timer (if so equipped) to continuous charge.
NOTE: Use an accurate stand-alone voltmeter. The battery charger volt meter may not be sufficiently accurate. Voltages outside of the specified range will cause an unsuccessful flash. If voltage reading is too high, apply an electrical load by activating the park or headlamps and/or HVAC blower motor to lower the voltage.
- Connect the wiTECH micro pod II to the vehicle data link connector.
- Place the ignition in the “RUN” position.
- Open the wiTECH 2.0 website.
- Enter your “User id” and “Password” and your “Dealer Code”, then select “Finish” at the bottom of the screen.
- From the “Vehicle Selection” screen, select the vehicle to be updated.
- From the “Action Items” screen, select the “Topology” tab.
- From the “Topology” tab, select the “BCM” icon for the module requiring updating.
- From the “Flash” tab, compare the “Current Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Part Number” with the “New ECU Part Number” listed.
- If the “Current ECU part Number” is the same as the “New Part Number”, proceed to Step 14.
- If the “Current ECU part Number” is NOT the same as the “New Part Number”, continue with Step 10.
- Read the flash special instructions page. Select “OK” to continue.
- From the flash ECU agreement page, agree to terms by checking the box.
- Select “Flash ECU” and then follow the wiTECH screen instructions to complete the flash.
- Select “Guided Diagnosis” under the “Activities” column.
- Select “Restore Vehicle Configuration” and click “Continue”, then follow the wiTECH screen instructions to complete the vehicle configuration.
- From the “Topology” screen, select the “All DTCs” tab to view the DTCs.
- Select “Clear All DTCs” and then select “Close”.
- For 2018 MY only, Disconnect the negative battery cable for 60 seconds then reconnect the negative battery cable.
- For 2018 MY only, turn the ignition to the ON position then turn the ignition to the OFF position and allow the BUS to go to sleep and wait one additional minute.
- For 2018 MY only, turn the ignition to the ON position and verify the HVAC temperature control functionality.
- Place the ignition in the “OFF” position and then remove the wiTECH micro pod II device from the vehicle.
- Remove the battery charger from the vehicle.
- Close the vehicle hood.
- Drive the vehicle until at least 10 MPH is achieved for 5 seconds.
NOTE: Step 23 must be performed prior to returning the vehicle to the customer.
- Before returning the vehicle to the customer, confirm that the vehicle is in Customer Mode.
NOTE: All vehicles that have software update performed will require an addendum card be provided to the vehicle owner.
- Process Steps to obtain the BTSI Addendum Card:
a. Access the “DealerCONNECT” website.
b. Select the “Recall Central” link.
c. Locate the “Repair Information” section.
d. Select the “BTSI Addendum Card” link in the Repair Information section.
e. Print a copy of the BTSI addendum card.
f. Give the addendum card to the vehicle owner and advise the vehicle owner to read the addendum card for information regarding how the new software changes the gear shift lever interlock operation for enhanced vehicle safety.
Sample: BTSI Addendum Card
2013MY-2018MY Owner Addendum Card
The purpose of this addendum card is to explain the change in the vehicle functionality after receiving the software flash.
This vehicle received updated software that releases the Brake
Impact to Owner
When applying the brake for more than 3 minutes while the vehicle is on and in park, the vehicle will require the user to release the brake and then reapply the brake in order to shift the vehicle out of Park.
Note: Please place this document in the Glove Box of the vehicle.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims paid will be used by FCA to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use one of the following labor operation numbers and time allowances:
|Inspect BTSI Functionality and Verify BCM Software Level (2017-2018 Model Year)||19-U1-11-81||0.2 hours|
|Inspect BTSI Functionality and Perform BCM Software Update (2017 Model Year Only)||19-U1-11-82||0.4 hours|
|Inspect BTSI Functionality, Replace Gearshift Bracket and Verify BCM Software Level (2017-2018 Model Year)||19-U1-11-83||0.7 hours|
|Inspect BTSI Functionality, Replace Gearshift Bracket and Perform BCM Software Update (2017 Model Year Only)||19-U1-11-84||0.9 hours|
|Inspect BTSI Functionality and Perform BCM Software Update (2018 Model Year Only)||19-U1-11-85||0.5 hours|
|Inspect BTSI Functionality, Replace Gearshift Bracket and Perform BCM Software Update (2018 Model Year Only)||19-U1-11-86||1.0 hours|
Add the cost of the recall parts package plus applicable dealer allowance to your claim.
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete recall claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this service with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
This notice applies to your vehicle,
[Model Year and Model] VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX U11/NHTSA 18V-100
YOUR SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-866-220-6747. An agent can confirm part availability and help schedule an appointment
- Visit mopar.com, scan the QR code below, or download the Mopar Owner’s Companion App.
Get access to recall notifications, locate your nearest dealer, and more through this website or Mopar Owner’s Companion App. You will be asked to provide your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to protect and verify your identity. The last eight characters of your VIN are provided above.
Please reference Safety Recall U11.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
FCA has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain [20172018 Model Year RAM 1500 Pickup, 2017-2018 Model Year RAM 2500 Pickup, 2017-2018 Model Year RAM 3500 Pickup, 2017-2018 Model Year RAM 3500 Chassis Cab, 2017-2018
Model Year RAM 3500 10K GVWR Chassis Cab, 2017-2018 Model Year RAM 4500/5500 Chassis Cab] vehicles equipped with a column shift automatic transmission. This safety recall does not affect vehicles equipped with a rotary or floor shifter or manual transmission.
It is extremely important to take steps now to repair your vehicle to ensure the safety of you and your passengers.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
The Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) locking pin on your vehicle  may become stuck in the open position. A BTSI locking pin stuck in the open position may allow the transmission to be shifted out of PARK and to any gear position without depression of the brake pedal and/or without the key in the ignition, if a key is applicable, or while the ignition is in the “OFF” mode. The ability to shift the transmission out of the PARK position while the ignition is in the “OFF” mode or without a key in the ignition or a brake pedal application, increases the risk for an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in a vehicle crash or injury without prior warning.
WARNING: Never use the PARK position as a substitute for the parking brake. Always apply the parking brake fully when parked to guard against vehicle movement and possible injury or damage. Refer to your owner's manual for additional information regarding proper parking brake usage.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE?
FCA will repair your vehicle  free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will inspect the BTSI operation and replace if necessary. The Body Control Module (BCM) software will also be updated. In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and check-out during your visit. Your time is important to us; please be aware that these steps may require more time. The estimated repair time is two hours. We recommend that you schedule a service appointment to minimize your inconvenience. Please bring this letter with you to your dealership.
VISIT RECALLS.MOPAR.COM/HELP FOR MORE INFORMATION AND
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online.  Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have the recall repair performed.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations
Mr. Mrs. Customer
1234 Main Street
Hometown, MI 48371
 If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403 to update your information.
 If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or you can call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-4249153), or go to safercar.gov.
 You can also mail in your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement.
Note to lessors receiving this recall notice: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.
10 Affected Products
18 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB - February 2018RCRIT-18V100-6879
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U11/T79 2013MY-2018MY Owner Addendum Card
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-18V100-2508
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79-U11 Second Revision Communication v4RCMN-18V100-7346
U11 Fleet CommunicationRMISC-18V100-6063
Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised February 2018RCRIT-18V100-6858
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79 and U11 Safety Recall Update 2-20-18
Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised March 2018
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1RCLRPT-18V100-8266
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 2013MY-2018MY Owner Addendum CardRCMN-18V100-9238
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79-U11 Time Punching Exemption 2-27-18RCMN-18V100-8421
Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised April 2018RCRIT-18V100-4731
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-18V100-5581
Renotification Representative Copy
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-3
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2018-4RCLQRT-18V100-2959
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-18V100-5203
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-1RCLQRT-18V100-4872
Latest Recalls Documents
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|J2534 Device||Firmware Version|
|CTC Vehicle Box *||1.9|
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer||2.10|
|Actia I+ME Passthru||2.07|
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).
Compatible J2534 Devices
- Advanced Diagnostic Scanner for ECU Programming : MK908P has been designed to perform some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs. Form some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz
- Comprehensive Features : Besides Coding and ECU programming functions, the scan tool supports reprogram keys, Bi-directional control, active test, ABS bleeding, complete capabilities for codes, live data, actuation tests, adaptations, prints out recorded data with Wi-Fi. Warm tips Benz-14 & Chang'an-3 Adapters only for UK version, not US version
- User Friendly : The live data stream displayed the real time PID data from ECU and the displayed data included analog inputs and outputs, digital inputs and outputs and system status information broadcast. The graphic display greatly improved the readability and understandability of above parameters. This is definitely a perfect scan tool for enthusiasts interested in knowing how their car is running
- Easy to Operate : The hardware can equal to a best rank android tablet in the market and that made the whole diagnostic procedure more quickly and precisely. Maxisys platform, cloud-based Maxisys provide a large amount of data about the diagnosis and repair advices, that’s really helpful, whenever you encounter problems, you can find solutions from it
- Compatible with Some Add-ons : Combination with Oscilloscope Maxi Scope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras MV108, the power of this tool is amazing and the detail you receive about every component of the vehicle makes pinpointing a problem painless. Affordable combination of MS908P and TS601 supports TPMS programming, which turns into a powerful diagnostic tool.
- 🎉【ECU Programming +Same Functions as Maxisys Elite】Coming with J2534 ECU programming device, Autel MK908P is competent for ECU programming specific BENZ/ BMW. EXACTLY the same functions as Autel MaxiSys Elite, making itself the most cost-effective high-end diagnostic scanner in Autel product line. The 2021 Newest intelligent automotive diagnostic scan tool is specially designed for mid-scale or large-scale workshops and vehicle repairing houses.
- 🎉【Online Functions + Active Test】: There is online coding for VW, Audi, Porsche, Benz, BMW. Online configuration for Renault is unique among diagnostic industries. Besides, Autel MK908P features Bi-Directional Control (Active Test) to request information or command an actuator to perform specific tests, like cycling the a/c clutch on and off, perform an evaporative emissions leak test and more tests to solve the specific repairing work.
- 🎉【All-system Diagnose + 36 Service Functions】: Provided with full-systems diagnosis (ABS, SRS, Engine, Transmission, Brake System, Emission System, Fuel system, Light system, Wiper System, etc.). MaxiSys Pro MK908P also offers another 36+ service functions to help your repairing work faster, easier, and more professional. These service functions include immo keys/throttle/injecor coding/trans adaption/suspension/tyre retrofit/DPF/brake bleed/oil reset and more.
- 🎉【Common + Luxury Car Makes Coverage】MK908P is designed for repairing store, thus it enjoys extensive coverage for almost all car makes. Firstly, it has a wide range of compatibility for over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Besides, you have access to the newest model with fast-release software update. Moreover, There are basic diagnostic functions and most service / special functions compatible with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Maserati etc.
- 🎉【Advanced Hardware + Reliable Service】As the advanced version of MS908P, MS908S, MS908E, MS908PS PRO, Autel MK908P runs much faster with android 4.4 OS, hexa-core processor, KitKat operating system, 2GB RAM & 64GB on-board memory, 10.1 inches LED screen ,20+ adapters and cables. 1-year free update, 12-month warranty, 30-day free return fees, 24-hour after-sales service are offered and promised.
- 🚩🚩【2 Years Free Update, More effective than Autel MK908P/MS908S Pro】Autel MaxiSys Elite 2-year free update version, with the same functions and updated hardware from Autel MS908S Pro/MK908P, priced at $2900, making itself the most cost-effective high-end diagnostic scanner in Autel product line. (MS908S Pro/MK908P+2nd year update fees=$2399+$1295).
- 🚩🚩【Elite-Live Up to Its Name】 As the updated version of Autel MK908P/MS908CV, the MaxiSys Elite is more economical than Ultra which costs you 2000 bucks more. The flagship-product- MaxiSys Elite has equipped with a set of solid hardware such as ✅ Quad-core Processor- NVIDIA Tegra 4, ✅ 2GB RAM & 64GB ROM, ✅ 9.7” Retina display with ✅ 2048X1536 resolution,✅ Android 4.4.4 OS, ✅ 15400mAH battery, etc. We have prepared almost everything just to smooth a path for your vehicle diagnostic process.
- 🚩🚩【ECU Programming & Coding】To bring out your potential and maximize the profit, the MaxiSys Elite has featured two essential functions-ECU Coding & Programming which empowers you to 👍 program the blank ECUs, 👍 match the components, 👍 reflash the second-hand ECUs, 👍 flash the hidden functions. And also, you can pass thru the gateway to access online data, because the Elite is compatible with J2534 interface. 👉NOTE: ONLY SUPPORTED IN U.S. MARKET.
- 🚩🚩【36+ Special Functions & Full-System Diagnosis】The 36+ special functions can help you cope with variety of DTCs as easy as ABC. Here is a list of commonly used special functions, maybe you can find something you’ve been looking for👉: Oil Light Reset, Steering Angle Reset, Injector Coding, ABS Bleeding, TPMS Reset, EPB Reset, Suspension Reset, etc. As for the full-system diagnostic, the Elite allows you to root out the problems hidden in the onboard systems such as👉 PCM, ECM, EPS, PDM, BCM, TPM, SCCM, RADIO, etc.
- 🚩🚩【Online Functions & Active Test】The MaxiSys Elite also provides you with some high-end functions which helps you to pass-thru the gateway to access online vehicle repair data for instance the online coding for VW, Audi, Porsche, Benz, BMW and the online configuration for Renault and so on. To help you to build a bridge to mutual communicate with the onboard systems, the active test can send the orders to ECUs and control the onboard modules such as PDM, SMF, RSM, TCU, etc.
- 👍【SAME AS MK908P & BETTER TECH SUPPORT】 MS908S Pro has EXACTLY the same diagnostics and service functions as MK908P and Autel MaxiSys Elite. Unlike online product MK908P, MS908S Pro is a mature product that has been tested and approved by workshops across US! NOTE: MS908S Pro is for North & South America only, and support English only.
- 👍【J-2534 ECU PROGRAMMING】Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro is a professional automotive diagnostic scanner that utilizes powerful Cortex A7+A15 six-core processor that can perform OE level all systems diagnostics and various special functions. With J2534 ECU Programming Device included, it is capable of replacing the existing software & firmware and programming new ECUs(PCM, ECM) for specific BMW and Benz.
- 👍【25 SPECIAL FUNCTIONS FOR PROS】 Autel MS908S Pro is an advanced auto scan tools that can perform various special functions: Oil Reset, EPB reset, DPF Regen, ABS Bleed, SAS, Battery Registration, Injector Coding, Power Balance, Crankshaft Variation Learn and etc. NOTE: Special Functions are NOT universally compatible. Pls send VIN to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility before purchase.
- 👍【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】 MS908S Pro diagnostic scanner computer covers more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes. The scan tool can work on most OBDII-compliant vehicles to locate check engine issues, 80+ makes and models to scan all available systems. For special functions, coverage varies across vehicles, please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility first.
- 👍【HASSLE-FREE PURCHASE】 Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro car scanner comes with 12 Months FREE software updates and services and is backed by Amazon 30 Day Return Policy. If there are any issues or concerns, please contact us directly via 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 for prompt tech support and best after-sales services! Purchase now to solve drivability issues, emission issues and save both time & money.
- 🚐【25 Special Services + 23 Adaption Functions】 : Autel Maxisys MS908CV, the 2021 new version, is a top heavy duty truck scanner with 25 special services (including Oil Reset, Injector Coding, DPF, EPB, ABS, SRS, Suspension, Throttle ...) and 23 adaption functions (including DOC/DPF Instant Replacement Reset, Fuel Pressure Adaptation Reset, Injector CEOM Reset etc.) to meet all your needs.
- 🚐【OE-Level Full Systems Diagnosis】: Auel truck scanner Maxisys 908CV is an affordable choice to compete with OEM scanners with more advanced functions, while less budget. Autel diesel truck scanner 908cv can read DTCs to locate the fault, clear DTCs to turn off the MIL, retrieve ECU information to learn about the details and views live data. Full-system diagnosis can be applied to Ford truck, Toyota bus, Toyota truck, Nissan, Peugeot, Astra, Champion, Bendix, and more to include 80+ makes.
- 🚐【Advanced ECU Coding】: Autel Maxisys cv ms908cv is equipped with advanced ECU coding which allows you to update the vehicle’s computer software to the latest version, or write in adaptive data for certain components after making repairs or replacements. Maxisys 908CV provides hundreds of methods to improve truck’s performance, like drivability, fuel efficiency, etc. Coding function can be perfectly compatible with Citroen, Dodge, Volvo, Gillig, New Flyer, Nova bus, Pierce and etc.
- 🚐【Designed for Commercial Vehicles】: Autel MS908CV performs diagnosis for heavy trucks, light trucks, natural gas vehicles, construction vehicles, and buses and so on, working with more than 80 commercial vehicle brands, ideal for large repair shops and professional mechanics. As the 2021 new version from Autel, with a 1-year warranty and 24-hour tech support, MS908CV can cover more cars and makes sure that you would not run into any difficulties when using it.
- 🚐【Best Investment with Active Test】: 🅰🆄🆃🅴🅻 Truck scanner MaxiSys MS908CV provides direct access to the vehicle-specific subsystems and components, and output commands to the specific solenoid/relay/ switch to precisely locate faults. Its bidirectional control is applicable for rolling up / down a window, turning the fuel pump on and off, cycling the a/c clutch on and off, and helping with an emissions leak test.
- [J2534 COMPLIANT] - The Mastertech II is a J2534-1 and J2534-2 compliant VCI for OEM reprogramming and diagnostic applications
- [FULLY VALIDATED BY TOP 6 OEMS] - Mastertech II has been fully validated to operate with the top 6 OEM reprogramming applications: GM, Ford, FCA, Nissan/Infinity, Honda/Acura, and Toyota/Lexus
- [PRE-CONFIGURED] - The pre-configured wireless and wired connections make it quick and easy to connect to a vehicle from your PC (requires PC compliant with OE specifications and software)
- [RIGHT TO REPAIR] - Supports 'Right to Repair' (R2R) initiatives
- [COMPREHENSIVE KIT] - Kit includes: VCI, WiFi adapters (wireless PC to VCI), J1962 Cable (connect to vehicle), USB cable (connect to PC for firmware updates and setup), and Quick Start Guide
- 【2021 Scanner for Heavy-Duty Vehicles】:Here we present you the Autel Maxisys MS908CV—a high-end diagnostic tool tailored for commercial vehicles such as semi-trucks, light-duty trucks, buses, construction vehicles, agricultural vehicles and supports 80+ brands. The official updates can always keep the scan tool up with the trends so as to meet the needs of workshops and pro mechs. As an official authorized Autel scanner, stick to the old rules, 365 days QA and 24/7 technical support.
- 【25 Special Functions + 23 Adaptation Functions】:Get the right tool, get the things done. In total we’ve packed 25 service functions such as Oil Reset, SAS Rest, ABS Reset, for normal passenger cars and 23 adaption functions such as O2 Sensor Calibration, DPF Regeneration, Fuel Pressure Adaptation, for commercial vehicles. And those functions work perfectly for the 99% of commercial vehicles in the U.S. market for instance Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbilt, International, Volvo, etc.
- 【ECU Coding & J2534】:Heavy-duty scanner MaxiSys CV empowers you to match modules with components, flash the hidden functions, and customize the OE-settings and it’s compatible with light-duty trucks and semi-trucks such as: Ford F-series, RAM Trucks, Scania, Mercedes, Iveco, etc. The J2534 ECU programming will no longer be a problem once you have the MS908CV in your hands. It acts as a pass-thru device and help you pass-thru the gateway to access the data for coding.
- 【Full-System Diagnostic】:To help you root out the problems hidden underneath the hood, Autel diagnostic scan tool MS908CV can conduct a full-system diagnostic and present you with the full details about DTCs. Here are some on-board system it can dive into, such as Engine, AT, ABS, SRS, IMMO, air conditioning system, steering angle system, air suspension system, etc. Once the diagnostic is complete, you can access further details from waveform data stream or the health status report.
- 【Active Test & Relearning】: Autel Scanner MaxiSys CV is a bridge for you to mutual communicate with on-board modules and conduct active tests to track down the problems. Cylinder deactivation test, on-board electronic components test, cylinder compression test, all of those complex tests can be done with Autel MS908CV. And also the MS908CV can read the injectors QR code and match them with ECU once the replacement is done. There is still a lot more waiting for you to find out.
- 👍【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your tablet MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 !
- 👍Fully compatible with both SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 reprogramming standards and performs standard Pass Thru J2534 functionality. To check compatibility, please contact🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Built-In Wireless with advanced networking functions and data storage. Fast performance ensures reprogramming even the newest controllers & Internet upgradable and updatable.
- 👍Attention: 1. After you ordered and received the J2534, please send us both of the S/N(12 digits, at the back of the device) of the J2534 and your MK908(P) /MS908S (Pro)/ Maxisys Elite to us to bind the two device together. 2. The functions are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility before your order.
- VXDIAG SVCI J2534 can compatible with SAE J2534-1 and partly compatible with SAE J2534-2. It supports most of vehicle communication protocols and can be used as PassThru device for many dealer level diagnostic software. And it can be used as a ELM327 device also, support most of ELM327 software.
- High speed host communication and Stable host communication. (with RTS/CTS flow control).Host communication is high-speed and stable, keeping the diagnosis smooth. And the programming function requires the original online account .（Not work for the Ford F serial cars, like F150,F250,F350,F450）
- [Switch on the Interface] There is a switch button on the interface. Please do press the switch button for the Module you want enter in. Pressed: works as ELM327 mode Released: works as J2534 mode
- VXDIAG SVCI J2534 is compatible with Ford / Mazda IDS,Only need to do two steps to Installs software. First,Install FVDI J2534 start software,then install the original brand vehicle software,For example, Ford, Mazda.(Before install the software,pls turn off your antivirus software )
- For software installation, please feel free to contact our online customer service.
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- WIFI Version VXDIAG VCX Nano compatible for TOYOTA and Lexus, support both USB connection and WIFI connection, support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- You can download the vxmanager online, if you have any license problem please send us the serial number to extend the license
- One year warranty. Please contact us via order center if you have any problem with software installation
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API