|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
March 14, 2019
Failure of the instrument cluster to properly illuminate may prevent the driver from receiving warnings about the vehicle’s systems, increasing the risk of crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V203
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 7,929
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Dodge Challenger and Charger and Chrysler 300 vehicles. The instrument cluster may not properly illuminate driver warnings. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, “Control and Displays.”
Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will update the instrument cluster software, free of charge. The recall began April 8, 2019. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is V32.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Revised May 2019
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Safety Recall V32 / NHTSA 19V-203 Instrument Panel Cluster
NOTE: Added Cluster reset information in the “Repair” section.
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
The Instrument Cluster on about 7,919 of the above vehicles may have software which can cause the cluster to inadvertently stop displaying vehicle information. The loss of a functioning instrument cluster may prevent the activation of warning chimes, messages and gauges to provide vehicle information to the driver, which may increase the risk of a crash without warning.
The condition above fails to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 571.101 S5.3 – which requires to “illuminate telltales and their identification sufficiently to make them visible to the driver under daylight and nighttime driving conditions.”
NOTE: If the vehicle cluster is not displaying vehicle information when the customer arrives for the recall DO NOT REPLACE THE CLUSTER simply disconnect the 12-volt battery ground cable for 5 -10 seconds and reconnect. This procedure will reset the cluster to display vehicle information.
The following special tool is required to perform this repair:
|wiTECH micro pod II
NOTE: The wiTECH scan tool must be used to perform this Customer Satisfaction Notification. The wiTECH software is required to be at the latest release level before performing this procedure. If the reprogramming flash is aborted or interrupted, repeat the procedure.
- Open the hood. Install a battery charger and verify that the charging rate provides 13.0 to 13.5 volts. Do not allow the charger to time out during the flash process. Set the battery charger timer (if so equipped) to continuous charge.
NOTE: Use an accurate stand-alone voltmeter. The battery charger volt meter may not be sufficiently accurate. Voltages outside of the specified range will cause an unsuccessful flash. If voltage reading is too high, apply an electrical load by activating the park or headlamps and/or HVAC blower motor to lower the voltage.
- Connect the wiTECH micro pod II to the vehicle data link connector.
- Place the ignition in the “RUN” position.
- Open the wiTECH 2.0 website.
- Enter your “User id” and “Password” and your “Dealer Code”, then select “Sign In” at the bottom of the screen. Click “Accept”.
- From the “Vehicle Selection” screen, select the vehicle to be updated.
- From the “Action Items” screen, select the “Topology” tab.
- From the “Topology” tab, select the “IPC” icon.
- From the “Flash” tab, compare the “Current Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Part Number” with the “New ECU Part Number” listed.
- If the “Current ECU part Number” is the same as the “New Part Number”, proceed to Step 13.
- If the “Current ECU part Number” is NOT the same as the “New Part Number”, continue with Step 10.
- Read the flash special instructions page. Select “OK” to continue.
- From the flash ECU agreement page, agree to terms by checking the box.
- Select “Flash ECU” and then follow the wiTECH screen instructions to complete the flash.
- From the “Topology” screen, select the “All DTCs” tab to view the DTCs.
- Select “Clear All DTCs” and then select “Close”.
- Place the ignition in the “OFF” position and then remove the wiTECH micro pod II device from the vehicle.
- Remove the battery charger from the vehicle.
- Close the vehicle hood and return the vehicle to the customer.
Complete Proof of Correction Form for California Residents
This recall is subject to the State of California Registration Renewal/Emissions Recall Enforcement Program. Complete a Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction Form (Form No. 81-016-1053) and supply it to vehicle owners residing in the state of California for proof that this recall has been performed when they renew the vehicle registration.
Process Steps to obtain the California Proof of Correction form:
- Access the “DealerCONNECT” website.
- Select the “Service” tab.
- Under the “Publications” heading, select the “ePublishing” link.
- Sign in using your Dealer Code and Password.
- Select the “Proof of Correction form”.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims paid will be used by FCA to record recall service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use one of the following labor operation numbers and time allowances:
|Inspect Instrument Cluster Software
|Inspect Instrument Cluster Software and program Cluster
|Floor Plan Reimbursement
|Calculate See Below
Floor Plan Reimbursement represents the vehicle’s average daily allowance (see table below) multiplied by the number of days the vehicle was in dealer inventory and not available for sale. This reimbursement is limited to the number of days from the date of the stop sale to the date that the remedy was made available. Note: If the vehicle was received by your dealership (KZX date) AFTER the stop sale date, you will use the KZX date instead of the stop sale date. For this Recall, the stop sale was initiated on 03/21/2019 and the remedy was made available on 03/30/2019, therefore, the number of days cannot exceed 7 days.
|Average Daily Allowance
|2019 (LD) Dodge Charger
|2019 (LA) Dodge Challenger
|2019 (LX) Chrysler 300
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete recall claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by first class mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this service with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers must perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
Recall VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this recall only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Services / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
3 Affected Products
10 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V203-3037
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-19V203-1534
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 03/21/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V32RCMN-19V203-0877
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 101RCLRPT-19V203-8432
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-19V203-0979
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2RCLQRT-19V203-8368
ISSUED Renotification NoticeRCRN-19V203-5238
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3RCLQRT-19V203-0354
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4RCLQRT-19V203-6716
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|CTC Vehicle Box *
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer
|Actia I+ME Passthru
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).
Compatible J2534 Devices
|CarDAQ-Plus 3 All Makes J2534 Reprogramming Tool
|CarDAQ-Plus 2 Diagnostic Code Reader and J2534 Programming Tool
|VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer
Click on the link below to:
Download J2534 Application
(Install the wiTECH 2.0 J2534 Application on your computer)
Download the Setup Utility
(Configure your microPod/MDP device)
Launch wiTECH 2.0
(Once subscription and users are assigned to a tool please follow this link to access wiTECH)
- ALL OF THE J2534 PROTOCOLS - This single unit has all of the protocols you need for your OEM J2534 reprogramming and diagnostics including the latest in DoIP and CanFD
- J2534 TECHNICAL SUPPORT - FREE for the life of the tool. Staffed by technicians who understand vehicle repair and J2534 Pass‑thru
- TOOLBOX WITH OEM APPLICATION DESCRIPTIONS - educational video tutorials and real-time news – Giving you the confidence and up-to-date knowledge to get the job done
- J2534 v05.00 API - The newest version of J2534 to give you the latest in pass-thru technology
- FUTURE PROOF WITH 4 CAN CHANNELS - Going beyond the 3 required by select Chrysler/FCA models, CarDAQ-Plus 3 also provides a 4th to meet the needs of future OEM applications
- 🆚LAUNCH X431 PRO5 scan tool Upgrade all functions of X431 PRO3/X-431 Throttle III/X431-TorqueIII/X431 V+, PROS V+, PAD3. ⓵ J2534 ECU Programming &Online functions directly connect to OEM server, 50+ reset same as X-431 Throttle;⓶Bi-directional control and All system diagnostics as Snap-on scanner; ⓷ Support 150+ brands Vehicles (include CAN/CAFD/DoIP/HD protocols and AutoAuth for FCA SGW) ⓸Powered by 8-core processor(1.8GHz), Android9.0 OS, 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi connection.
- 🚜[J2534 Reprogramming With FREE SMARTBOX 3.0】Save more than $2000, LAUNCH X431 PRO5 support J2534/DOIP/CANFD/HD protocols (Needn’t buy HDIII Module,Manufacture software and non-16pin adaptors need to be purchased separately.) Download OEM software from the manufacturer’s server to 1) program data to blank/used ECUs; 2) Reflash ECUs with data loss; 3)Upgrade ECU software version. As a wireless VCI allowing the vehicle to transmit data to the diagnostic tablet without a physical connection.
- 👏[50+ Reset, Continuously Updated Reset Functions]: With the LAUNCH diagnostic tool, You will never be bothered by tricky vehicle issues and keep pace with newer technology. 50 commonly reset functions ( in the quick page ) reaching into the smallest parts to root out the problems. Extra 300+ repair functions ( in-vehicle catalog) for specific models extend the capability to reset, regeneration, initiation, matching, etc. (Functions vary by models, configurations, and systems.)
- 🌐[One stop Intelligent Diagnostic Tool]: LAUNCH X431 PRO5 obd2 scanner Bluetooth provides Repair Tips, Repair Assist, Component Measurement, TSB, Relevant Cases DTC Analysis to simplify complex diagnostic and achieve the trouble-free repair. 🤩[One Scanner For Multiple Uses]: LAUNCH diagnostic tool PRO5 collaborates with add-on modules (ADAS, Videoscope, TSGUN, X-ProG3, WiFi Pinter, Battery Tester) to expand business applications and improve diagnostic accuracy.
- 👍【2023 New OE Level Online Functions 】Bidirectional Scan Tool offers you various high-end online functions, which enable you to access the online data to do fast & complicated vehicle repairs, e.g. 1) ECU Coding for replacing, match, relearn, recode new ECU modules; 2) Online Coding for BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, Benz to surf OEM data; 3) VAG Guided functions ease complex issues; 4) Personalization & ADAS improving car performance and driving safety.
- 🌐【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your scanner MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘.
- 🌐【SAE J2534-1 & J2534-2 Standards】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device, which performs standard PassThru J2534 functionality: Compatible with for Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is also specially designed to provide users with P-C communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, reliability and flexibility.
- 🌐【High-speed Transmission Speed】Autel MaxiFlash Elite Reprogramming Device J2534 supports simultaneous communication definition in J2534-1, running 3 protocols at the same time, which greatly improves reprogramming and diagnostic speed. Embedded with the ARM9 Dual-core processor (clocked up to 500MHz), which further boosts the communicating speed to save more times and win more business.
- 🌐【Multiple Devices Connected with PC】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 also supports multiple device connections to the PC, which can operate diagnostic and reprogramming functions on more than one vehicle at the same time. Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 built-in wireless and data storage, which can update via Internet. It also ensures quickly reprogramming even the newest controllers.
- 🌐【Extensive Compatibility】Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- Stay up-to-date with thelatest firmware and support of the SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer, ensuring reliable perform and optimalresults.
- The SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer is a trustedtool for professional technicians, offering comprehensive functionality and easy integration into your workflows.
- The SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer offersadvanced functionality for efficient and precise ECUs programming.
- With its 67IN1 dongle & OBDcompatibility, the SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer provides a versatilesolution for read and write operations.
- Experienceseamless ECUs programming with the SM2Pro J2534VCI, designed to streamlines the read and write processes for enhanced efficiency.
- 🚗[Technical assistance] If you have any installation problems, download the installation manual. Or please contact us at any time. We can provide technical support and help you install software online
- 🚗[Vehicle Coverage] Installation Tips: Please turn off anti-virus software before install. VXDIAG VCX NANO fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2. All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- 🚗[Functional] ●USB vehicle-to-PC connectivity●Supports Windows,XP●CE and FCC compliance for hardware●Firmware Updatable. 【SPS】Service Programming System: ◎Passthrough programming on GM past model and Global A vehicles◎Increase reprogramming speed 20-70% and get ready to service new models.
- 🚗[GDS] Global Diagnostic System: ◎New Diagnostic Application Software required for all GM Global Architecture (Global A) Vehicles. ◎GDS & GDS2 is software which runs on a specific PC. Updates received via TIS2Web.
- 🚗[Efficient&Convenience] Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports.Quickly attaches to vehicle's diagnostic connector. Mixed fleet capabilities with broad protocol support.May be used with desktop PC or laptop. make sure your computer at least 4GB.Tech2win software only installed on 7 32bit computer and on physical system.Please download the latest vxmanager from vxdiag official website.
Last update on 2024-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.