July 7, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V396000
Projectiles as a result of driver air bag deployment in the event of a crash can increase the risk of injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V396
Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Components STEERING, AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 925,239
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2008-2010 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan and 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro vehicles. These vehicles may have a loose or missing brand emblem in the center of the steering wheel. The loose emblem or the securing nuts for the emblem within the driver air bag module may become projectiles in the event of a driver air bag deployment.
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver’s air bag cover with a redesigned cover, free of charge. The recall began February 11, 2021. Owners may contact FCA US LLC customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler’s number for this recall is W09.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Revision (1) February 2021
Dealer Service Instructions for:
These instructions include two different repair directions based on inspection of the Driver Air Bag (DAB) emblem retainers.
|2008-2010||(RT)||Chrysler Town and Country|
|2008-2010||(RT)||Dodge Grand Caravan|
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a Driver Air Bag (DAB).
NOTE: Some vehicles above may have been identified as not involved in this recall and therefore have been excluded from this recall.
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer used vehicle inventory. Dealers should complete the FINAL recall on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should perform the FINAL recall on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The DAB emblem on about 925,200 of the above vehicles may have become loose or detached which may result in either the emblem or retainers, or both, not remaining attached to the DAB cover during DAB deployment. A loose or detached emblem or emblem retainer can become a potential projectile during a crash with DAB deployment, which increases the risk of occupant injury.
The DAB must be disassembled and emblem retainers inspected in order to determine the proper repair direction:
- If the emblem retainers are securely attached: Install tape on the inside of the air bag cover in order to retain the emblem retainers in the event of a DAB deployment.
- If any emblem retainers are detached: Remove the emblem and the emblem retainers from the DAB.
- If the emblem is missing: Remove the remaining emblem retainers from the DAB.
If the emblem and retainers are removed per the repair instructions: Advise the customer that they will receive a Customer Satisfaction Notification in their mailbox at a later date once new DAB covers with emblem become available.
NOTE: Perform the DAB emblem retainer inspection before ordering any parts. The tape package is ONLY required if DAB retainers are securely attached. If DAB emblem retainers are loose or emblem is missing, no tape is required. The customer will receive a new DAB cover and emblem once those parts are made available at a later time.
|Each package contains the following components:|
|1||Tape, DAB Chrysler|
|1||Tape, DAB Dodge|
No parts return is required for this repair.
The following special tools are required to perform this repair:
|➢ NPN||wiTECH MicroPod II|
|➢ NPN||Laptop Computer|
|➢ NPN||wiTECH Software|
|➢ NPN||Remover Tool, Driver Air Bag|
|➢ NPN||Trim Stick|
A. DAB Removal
NOTE: If the DAB has been deployed or the DAB assembly is missing from the vehicle, do NOT proceed with the service procedure. Return the vehicle to the customer. No further action is required.
- Advise the customer that if based on inspection it is determined that the DAB emblem must be removed, they will be notified at a later time to return to have a new DAB cover and emblem installed once parts are available.
WARNING: HANDLING NON-DEPLOYED SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINTS. At no time should any source of electricity be permitted near the inflator on the back of a non-deployed air bag. When carrying a non-deployed air bag, the trim cover or air bag cushion side of the unit should be pointed away from the body to minimize injury in the event of an accidental deployment. If the air bag unit is placed on a bench or any other surface, the trim cover or air bag cushion side of the unit should be face up to minimize movement in the event of an accidental deployment.
All non-deployed air bags which are replaced on vehicles are to be handled and disposed of properly. Refer to the Hazardous Substance Control System for information regarding the potentially hazardous properties of the subject component and the proper safe handling procedures. Then dispose of all non-deployed air bags in a manner consistent with state, provincial, local and federal regulations.
WARNING: SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT STORAGE. Air bags must be stored in their original, special containers until they are used for service. Also, they must be stored in a clean, dry environment; away from sources of extreme heat, sparks, and high electrical energy. Always place or store any air bag on a surface with its trim cover or air bag cushion side facing up, to minimize movement in case of an accidental deployment.
- Place the ignition in the OFF
- Open the hood.
WARNING: Remove metallic jewelry to avoid injury by accidental arcing of battery current.
WARNING: The battery negative and positive cable polarity are different from the gasoline engine equipped vehicles to the diesel engine equipped vehicles. Please note the location of the positive and negative cables prior to service of the battery or related components.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury, disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) before attempting air bag replacement. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the SRS. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental air bag deployment.
- Wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before continuing.
- Release the steering column tilt lever and lower the column to its most downward position for easiest driver air bag removal access.
- There are three DAB retainer access holes (1) on the instrument panel side of the hub of the steering wheel (2), located at the two o’clock, six o’clock and ten o’clock positions. The steering wheel must be rotated to bring each of these access holes up to the twelve o’clock position of the steering column one at a time for removal access (Figure 1).
- Insert the short blade of the DAB Removal Tool (Special Tool # 10187) or the blade of an equivalent prying tool into either of the upper (two o’clock or ten o’clock) access holes of the steering wheel hub rear trim cover, being certain to place the blade of the tool on the inboard (steering wheel hub) side of the DAB retainer wire loop (Figures 2 and 3).
- Push the handle of the tool downward for the blade to pry the snap retainer wire loop upward far enough to disengage the loop from the hook of the steering wheel armature. At the same time, gently pull the driver air bag away from the steering wheel to prevent the retainer from snapping back into place over the hook once it is disengaged (Figures 2 and 3).
- Repeat Steps 8 and 9 at the other upper (two o’clock or ten o’clock) access hole to disengage the other upper snap retainer wire loop.
- Repeat Steps 8 and 9 at the lower (six o’clock) access hole to disengage the lower snap retainer wire loop. The lower snap retainer wire loop has a distinctive V-shape and must always be installed onto the six o’clock hook of the steering wheel armature.
- Pull the driver air bag away from the steering wheel far enough to access the clockspring electrical wire connectors at the back of the air bag housing (Figure 4).
- The air bag electrical wire harness has a plastic retainer that is pushed onto one of the inflator mounting studs on the back of the air bag housing. Pull the retainer off of the stud (Figure 4).
CAUTION: Do not pull on the clockspring pigtail wires or pry on the connector insulators to disengage them from the Driver Air Bag (DAB) inflator initiator connector receptacles. Improper removal of these pigtail wires and their connector insulators can result in damage to the air bag circuits or the connector insulators.
- The clockspring driver air bag pigtail wire connectors are secured by an integral lock to the air bag inflator connector receptacles, which are located on the back of the DAB housing. Firmly grasp and pull the lock straight out from the connector insulator, then pull the insulators straight out from the air bag inflator to disconnect them from the connector receptacles (Figure 4).
- Continue with Section DAB Disassembly and Inspection.
B. DAB Disassembly and Inspection
CAUTION: Place the DAB on a clean debris free work surface for the duration of this procedure to prevent any damage to the DAB cover or the DAB internal components.
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury, use extreme care to prevent any foreign material from entering the DAB, or becoming entrapped between the DAB cushion and the DAB trim cover. Failure to observe this warning could result in occupant injuries upon air bag deployment.
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury, the driver air bag trim cover must never be painted. Replacement air bags are serviced with trim covers in the original colors. Paint may change the way in which the material of the trim cover responds to an air bag deployment. Failure to observe this warning could result in occupant injuries upon air bag deployment.
- Remove the four nuts on the back side of the DAB module (Figure 6).
- Start with a flat blade screwdriver to begin lifting up the eight backing plate tabs then using wide-tipped long-nose pliers, finish bending tabs 90 degrees to an upright position, no further (Figure 7).
- Release the “Do Not Tamper” sticker from the cover to allow separation of cover from backing plate (Figure 8).
- Using a trim stick and beginning at the “Do Not Tamper” sticker, work in a clockwise direction around the cover pushing the cover tabs inward and separate the backing plate from the cover (Figure 9).
- Remove the backing plate from the cover (Figure 10).
- (KA) Dodge Nitro only may be equipped with a plastic damper ring. Remove the damper ring (Figure 11).
- Mark the inflator orientation to the air bag cushion in case it becomes separated from the air bag cushion (Figure 12).
IMPORTANT: Hold the inflator as it could be loose during this process. Reference cushion and inflator position prior to separating from the cover. It is not necessary to separate the inflator from the cushion (Figure 13).
- The cover can be removed from the cushion by inverting the assembly and pulling back the top of the cover. The cushion and inflator should fall free from the cover (Figure 13).
- Verify that all palnut retainers and emblem pieces are accounted for (Figure 14).
- Chrysler emblems have four palnut retainers.
- Dodge emblems have three palnut retainers.
If necessary, carefully inspect the air bag cushion folds for any trapped palunt retainers or emblem post pieces. Be careful to not unfold the air bag too far because it needs to be folded back exactly as it was prior to inspecting.
- After all palnut retainers and emblem pieces are accounted for. Place the air bag and inflator assembly in a clean safe place away from the DAB cover work area to prevent any air bag contamination from debris.
- Are all palnut retainers securely attached to emblem or are any palnut retainers loose not securely attached to the emblem?
- If ALL palnut retainers are securely attached to the emblem. Proceed to Section C. Tape Installation, page 15.
- If one or more palnut retainers are loose or detached from the emblem.
Proceed to Section D. Emblem Removal, page 16.
C. Tape Installation
NOTE: This repair is ONLY for DAB emblems which are securely attached with ALL palnut retainers.
- Use a clean lint free towel to wipe the inside surface of the DAB cover where the tape will be applied in order to remove any lint or debris (Figure 15).
- Select the proper shape tape for Chrysler or Dodge. Remove the paper backing from the tape. Carefully center the tape over the emblem palnuts. Firmly press the tape to ensure good adhesion to the inside of the DAB cover (Figure 16).
- Proceed to Section E. DAB Reassembly.
D. Emblem Removal
NOTE: This repair is for DAB emblems which are partly or fully detached due to one or more loose or missing palnut retainers.
- Using wide-tip long-nose pliers, break off any emblem posts protruding beyond the palnut retainers (Figure 17).
- Using a flat blade screwdriver, pry the palnut retainers off of the emblem posts (Figure 17).
- Remove the emblem from the cover.
- Verify that all palnuts retainers and emblem pieces are accounted for and disposed of so as to not contaminate the air bag cushion during reassembly.
- Proceed to Section E. DAB Reassembly.
E. DAB Reassembly
WARNING: Ensure there is no debris in the DAB cover or in the air bag cushion folds before reassembly.
- Install the air bag cushion into the cover starting by tucking the cushion into the top of the cover. Once the top is tucked, apply pressure to the rest of the cushion and inflator to fit snuggly into the cover. Ensure inflator studs are in a central location identical to production position. Ensure the inflator is lined up with the reference mark made earlier (Figure 18).
- (KA) Dodge Nitro, if equipped, Install the plastic damper ring. Ensure the ring is properly aligned with the alignment stud (Figure 19).
- Install backing plate working from bottom to top, inserting the plastic cover tabs into their respective slots in the backing plate. Make sure the cover tabs are engaged with the metal backing plate divots (Figure 20).
NOTE: Ensure the “Do Not Tamper” sticker does not get folded under and trapped by the cover during backing plate installation.
- Bend the eight metal backing plate tabs down using the wide-tipped long-nose pliers (Figures 20 and 21).
CAUTION: Do not use the flat blade screw driver to bend the tabs down because there is a possibility of the screwdriver tip breaking off and falling inside the DAB module.
NOTE: It is not required to bend the metal tabs down completely flat and parallel to the backing plate surface. Metal tabs only need to be bent far enough to retain the plastic cover tab to the backing plate (Figure 21).
- Reapply the “Do Not Tamper” sticker that overlaps both the plastic cover and the backing plate (Figure 22).
- Install the four nuts securing the backing plate and tighten in a star pattern sequence to 5 N·m (44 in. lbs.) (Figure 22).
- Continue with Section DAB Installation.
F. DAB Installation
- Position the driver air bag close enough to the steering wheel to reconnect the electrical connections to the back of the air bag housing (Figure 4).
- When installing the driver air bag, reconnect the two clockspring pigtail wire connector connections to the air bag inflator connector receptacles by pressing straight in on the connectors, then push the locks straight into the connectors. Be certain to engage each keyed and color-coded connector to the matching connector receptacle (Figure 4).
- The air bag electrical wire harness has a plastic retainer that is pushed onto one of the inflator mounting studs on the back of the air bag housing. Install the retainer onto the stud (Figure 4).
- Carefully position the driver air bag into the steering wheel hub. Be certain that the clockspring pigtail wires are not pinched between the driver air bag and the horn switch or the steering wheel armature.
- Engage the lower air bag snap retainer wire loop onto the lower hook of the steering wheel armature. The lower snap retainer wire loop has a distinctive V-shape and must always be installed onto the six o’clock hook of the steering wheel armature (Figure 3).
NOTE: During the following SRS test, the battery negative cable remains disconnected and isolated during Steps 6 and 7 as it was during the component removal and installation procedures.
- Connect the wiTECH micro pod II to the 16-way Data Link Connector (DLC). The DLC is located on the driver side lower edge of the instrument panel near the inside hood release, outboard of the steering column.
- Turn the ignition switch to the “RUN” position then exit the vehicle with the scan tool and close the doors.
- Check to be certain that nobody is in the vehicle, then connect the battery negative cable to the battery post and tighten the clamp nut to 5 N·m (44 in. lbs.).
- Open the wiTECH 2.0 website.
- Enter your “User id” and “Password” and your “Dealer Code”, then select “Sign In” at the bottom of the screen. Click “Accept”.
- Starting at the “Vehicle Selection” screen, select the appropriate vehicle and Device Name.
- From the “Action Items” screen, click “All DTCs”, select “Clear All DTCs”, click “Continue” and then click “Close”.
- If DTCs are still stored, cycle the ignition OFF/ON to change DTC status from “active” to “stored” then clear DTCs again.
- Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position for about 15 seconds, and then back to the “RUN” position. Observe the air bag indicator in the instrument cluster.
- The air bag indicator in the instrument cluster should illuminate for six to eight seconds, and then go out. This indicates that the SRS is functioning normally and that the repairs are complete. Turn the ignition to the “OFF” position, remove the wiTECH micro pod II and return the vehicle to the customer.
- If the air bag indicator fails to light or the light remains ON, there is still an active SRS fault or malfunction. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information to diagnose the problem.
- Close the hood, remove the wiTECH micro pod II.
NOTE: The Electronic Stability Program (ESP) procedure must be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected. If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) in the clockspring needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) / Brake Assist System (BAS) or ESP component has been disconnected for any length of time. If the SAS is not calibrated following battery reconnection, the ESP/BAS indicator lamp is illuminated following five ignition cycles indicating the need for calibration.
- To calibrate the SAS, perform the following:
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
FCA US LLC Recall Part Numbers
W09 – Driver Airbag Loose Emblem/Emblem Retainers
Submitted on July 7, 2020
DRIVER AIRBAG PART NUMBERS BY MODEL AND MODEL YEAR
|Dodge Grand Caravan|
|Part Number||Model Year|
|0ZM10BD5AH||2009, 2010, 2011|
|0ZM10XDVAH||2009, 2010, 2011|
|Part Number||Model Year|
|1GC99DK7AF||2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|1GC99XDVAF||2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|1GC99ZJ8AF||2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|1JK43DK7AE||2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|1JK43XDVAE||2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|1JK43ZJ8AE||2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|Chrysler Town & Country|
|Part Number||Model Year|
|0ZM11BD5AH||2009, 2010, 2011|
|0ZM11DK5AH||2009, 2010, 2011|
|0ZM11XDVAH||2009, 2010, 2011|
11 Affected Products
|CHRYSLER||TOWN AND COUNTRY||2008-2010|
15 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Notification re loose or detached DAB emblem
Miscellaneous Document – DRIVER AIRBAG PART NUMBERS BY MODEL AND MODEL YEAR
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Media Release re New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – W09
ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-1
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall 573 Report
Recall 573 Report
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-2
ISSUED Renotification Notice
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🚩2022 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 🎉【2022 Upgraded Ver. of ML519, AL519】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions， Autel obd2 diagnostic tool allows you to view the live PID (parameter identification data) data of vehicle’s computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle’s operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
- 🎉【2022 New Elite Version, Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/CRP123】 LAUNCH CRP123E obd2 scanner can check ABS/SRS/AT/ENG systems & 10 OBD2 modes, read and clear fault codes,💡Online Google Search, 4 IN 1 Graphing ，Stores and playbacks dynamic data stream, helps to quick analysis and diagnosis. what's more, you can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution, save time and money.
- ☑️【ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission Diagnostic Tool +Battery Voltage Test& AUTOVIN】Wi-Fi one click update +Battery Voltage Test +Auto Vin+Record History; One-click wifi update and free for fixing more bugs; Realtime battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery; Auto Vin, facilitate accurate diagnosis and provide useful information; Save the historical diagnosis report, replay the data flow, and provide you with useful parameters to prevent unnecessary repair
- 🔔【One to one Technical feedback and support】 Base on cloud server of launch，the “feedback function” can get the professional guidance of Launch Engineer.An excellent choice for family car owners. No extra paid updates, keep your diagnostic software updated and coverage increased, saving you even more money. 🎁Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner💡Fast 7.0 Android💡16GB Memory💡5" touch HD screen💡6100mAh Rechargeable Battery
- 🎁【5-Year Warranty &10 Language Free To Use】 Launch CRP123E scan tool supports 10 languages. Choose your native language without encountering any sort of language barrier--English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional Chinese. 🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 5.🚗【 Find Your Vehicles Here】 Includes 57 vehicle makers of the BMW, VW, Jeep, Ford, Volvo, Dodge, Skoda,Mazda, Nissan,Porsche,Subaru,Lexus,Toyota,Aodi,Benz,Abarth, Acura, Alfa Romeo, BMW-Brilliance, Bugatti, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Daewoo, Fiat, General Motors (GM), Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu ,SUZUKI,Jaguar,KIA, Lancia, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mini Cooper, Opel,Peugeot,MITSUBISHI,Vauxhall,SPRINTER,SMART,SEAT,SAMSUNG,SAAB,RENAULT,Nissangtr,ect.
- 🎁【Free TPMS Activation Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS Activation Tool which works for GM cars. Limited quantity. First come, first served. 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: A top present choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! Get LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 【2022 Upgraded Version】+【No extra software fee】LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner is upgraded of launch scanner crp129 crp123x, creader vii+: 5 more practical reset functions (Oil/EPB/SAS/TPMS Reset, Throttle Matching) than LAUNCH CRP123X scan tool; Most used 4 system diagnoses (ABS/SRS/ENGINE/AT); Equipped with higher hardware: large 5" touch HD screen, Fast 7.0 Android, 16G RAM, 6100mah BAT, to give you better user experience; Lifetime free update & 5 Years warranty.
- 【Cost-effective: 5 Service Functions】+【Print Diagnostic Report】LAUNCH CRP129X obd2 scanner for car offers 5 OE-level services to give you more repair solutions: Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake, TPMS Reset, Throttle Adaptation. Auto VIN scan can identify car make, model, and year info to shorten the navigation process. You can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your mechanic friend to help you analyse problems to avoid blind maintenance!
- 【3 in 1 Diagnostic Scan Tool】+【Live Data Stream In Graphic】LAUNCH CRP129X car diagnostic scanner is not only a diagnostic scanner providing oe-level services, but also an ABS SRS scan tool, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual emission test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 【Work out of Box】+【Wide Vehicle Coverage】 LAUNCH CRP129X diagnostic scanner for all cars comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first. This scan tool supports one-click update via Wi-Fi which can fix some bugs, and update new make up to 2021 models. It works on 60+ car brands, covering OBD2/EOBD/JOBD vehicle mostly manufactured after 1996. It also helps to judge the state of the battery via real-time battery voltage graphing.
- 🥇【 WORTH THE MONEY】 3 in 1 Foxwell scanner which you can not find with this good price. 1️⃣As a Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate and commend ABS/ Airbag component; 2️⃣As a Reset Tool: Reset ABS & SRS system + SAS calibration tool, turn off the MIL after maintenance; 3️⃣As a Diagnostic Scan Tool: Diagnosis of ABS/SRS/Airbag/SAS faults & powerful obd2 scanners. 👉TIPS: This abs scan tool can not remove airbag crash data or collision data. NOT support coding function.
- 👍👍👍【ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL】The abs code reader scan tool temporarily allow you to do the active test on the ABS/Airbag system and components, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. To make sure the scan tool srs will run more smoothly, please confirm if the NT630 plus will work on your vehicle before purchase via Amazon messages.
- 🎃【ABS BLEED SCAN TOOL】👉Note: ABS bleeding function only works on the vehicles that support auto bleeding. The air will get inside when the brake system opened to replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, or brake lines or hoses. To get a firm brake pedal, the air has to be removed by bleeding the brakes. This abs auto bleed scan tool will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves during the bleeding process.
- 🚦【CEL ABS SRS SAS LIGHT FIX】The foxwell nt630 plus obd2 scanner abs srs is designed for solving issues when the warning light(MIL) was on the dashboard. Diagnose the system with the live data to find the issues clearly, locate the fault part and guide you where need to be repaired or replaced. Finally turning off the CEL Brake Airbag SAS light after maintenance.
- 🌈【STEERING ANGLE SENSOR (SAS) CALIBRATION】 This Foxwell obd2 scanner lets you perform calibration of the steering angle sensor, which permanently stores the current steering wheel position as straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. On successful calibration of the sensor, its fault memory is automatically cleared.
- 【Check Engine Light】The obd2 scanner 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hot key to turn off check engine light after vehicle maintenance. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【ABS & SRS & Transmission 】In addition to emission-related OBD II codes,The abs srs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS & SRS and Transmission codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life】The Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures after an oil change for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. The free stepwise guide which 6100P scan tool provides as regards oil change reset and drive cycle procedures may be a major relieve for beginners. This abs code reader can also monitor your oil level and its service life.
- 【Battery Test & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Code Severity Levels】With Code Severity Levels function of This Innova Scan Tool, you can quickly identify if your vehicle needs an immediate fix or if it can wait until you get home to fix it yourself,You don't need to worry about the warning lights on again. And we are glad to tell that Innova 6100P has been selected to "Amazon's Highly recommended products" as "Highly rated OBDII Scanners" 🙂
- MANUFACTURER-LEVEL DIAGNOSTIC: If the warning lights for the engine, ABS, airbag and transmission are flashing on the dashboard, even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop. After the repair, it can even clear the fault code and turn off the warning light. If you are equipped with accurate information, you can avoid auto repair scams. No training is required.
- OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS: Allows you to easily diagnose engine problems and turn off the warning light. It can not only accurately determine codes and possible causes, but also perform all OBD test modes such as DTC search, O2 sensor test, I/M readiness test, on-board monitor test, live data stream display, freeze frame data display, EVAP system test, retrieve vehicle information and generate diagnostic reports, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- LIVE DATA STREAM WITH GRAPH: Can quickly display data from a live view of vehicle sensors in test and graph formats. This includes ECU reports and automatic readout of VIN as well as data streams for engine, transmission, ABS, SRS(airbag) and generating a variety of diagnostic reports for the vehicle. With the help of the graphical display, data logging, and DTC tips and repeats, users can determine the cause of a variety of trouble codes much faster.
- EASY TO USE: Many scanners are for people who have a little more experience with cars as they display more raw data, but the FX2000 is a simple and affordable solution for both technicians and enthusiasts to locate engine, transmission, ABS and airbag problems. Thanks to the large TFT color screen and menu-driven operation, the operation and vehicle information are designed to be user-friendly, so you can quickly find your way around when you want to repair the vehicle.
- WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE: Supports 8 different languages, more than 60 U.S, Asian and European vehicle brands and over 10,000 different vehicle types and is constantly updated, making it versatile and easy to use no matter where you are. It offers technicians and enthusiasts an easy and affordable solution to find vehicle diagnostic problems with four systems, a life-saving and good gift for your family and friends.
- 【Free TPMS Activation Tool】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS Activation Tool which works for GM cars. Best choice for Father's Day gift, first come first served.
- 【One-Click Quick WIFI Update】Launch crp129e code reader built with large 5" touch HD screen, WIFI Update, make you can use the newest software all time free, battery voltage test, 6100mAh rechargeable battery, Auto VIN Scan, automatic generate vehicle health report diagnostic report, data print via email share, google search DTC online.
- 【FOUR SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC + LIVE DATA IN GRAPHING + DATA RECORD AND PLAYBACK】: Launch crp129e diagnostic tool read and reset Engine, Transmission, ABS and SRS systems, turn off the warning light related. Live data in graphing, record the live data stream for up to 10, simultaneous, PID's. Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. Playback supports two graphs (independent) or 4 PID's graphed.
- 【5 RESET SERVICE + BATTERY VOLTAGE TEST + FULL OBD2 MODES TEST +HEALTH REPORT PRINT】: This scan tool can do Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake,TPMS Reset, Throttle Position Reset, performs real-time battery monitoring/graphing . Reset DTC, I/M Readiness Status,O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test etc. ALL diagnostic data can be record and generate to diagnostic report which can be shared to email then print on computer.
- 【LIFETIME FREE ONLINE UPDATE + WORKS ON 57 VEHICLE BRANDS + 10 LANGUAGES SUPPORTED】: Launch crp129e diagnostic scan tool works on most vehicles after 1996 compliant with OBD2 protocols , more than 57 brands and over 10000+ cars, muti languages support English, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional Chinese, Russian. Launch crp129e code reader support lifetime free update online by connecting wifi, it keep you can use the newest software all the time.
- 👍[2022 Newest Launch obd2 scanner CRP123X, Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/Creader VII+]: LAUNCH CRP123X added new functions like 💡 lifetime free updating fixing bugs,Upgrade new make up to 2022 models 💡 Free Battery Voltage Test, Online Feedback, Online Google Search,Auto VIN. 💡NEW CHIPS, Fast 7.0 Android, 16GB Memory, 5" touch HD screen,6100mAh Rechargeable Battery. 💡5-Year Warranty, Fast delivery by Amazon (arrival within 2 days)
- 🔔【Read & Clear/Reset ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission Launch Scan Tool】+【AUTOVIN】Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X code reader to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem scanning the most common systems, Launch abs scanner Read & clear all fault codes, view live data, turn off warning light related. 🎁AUTO VIN technology can identify vehicle make, model, and year information to shorten the vehicle navigation process.
- 🔥[Lifetime Free Update, No Extra Software Fee& Over 100000+ Vehicle Models]: Launch CRP123X with 2022 newer data & functions and software.LAUNCH car tool for 1996-2022 common vehicles in Asian, European, American, Indian and more car brands. Such as passenger cars, SUVs, minivans,12V light-duty trucks, etc. 👍FREE update, NO extra fee for the software, always have the latest bug fixes, new vehicles, newly added parameters, and functionality at your fingertips, SAVE AT LEAST $200 PER YEAR.
- 🎉[Real-time Diagnostic Report, 4 in 1 live data]: LAUNCH diagnostic scanner for all vehicles,shows you real-time data (temperature, speed, circle and etc) in text & graph formats for analysis and troubleshooting. Single, Launch code reader Merge & Multi-graph live data displays（merge 4 PIDs in one) , making problem-solving clearer. ALL diagnostic data can be recorded for further analysis and can be shared by email and then print on a computer.
- 💐[2 IN1 Diagnostic Tool, Battery Voltage Checker]: The automotive scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X even the beginners can do diagnostics by themselves with a LAUNCH car scanner. It monitors the vehicle’s battery's real-time voltage displayed in graphs and text, informing you of the health of your battery. 🔥Add-on Code Search, Help, and DTC Library provide massive information, making DTCs easy to understand. Supporting all modes of OBD2 test for OBD2, EOBD, JOBD, CAN 1996 & newer cars.
- 🎁【FREE TPMS ACTIVATION TOOL FOR GM'S CARS】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS activation Tool which works for GM cars.
- 👍2022 NEW ELITE VERSION OF LAUNCH CRP129E: 4 system diagnostics & 5 reset functions & 10 obdii modes + Health Report Generation-Launch crp129e scan tool reset ENG/SAS/ABS/AT systems,5 most used special reset capabilities (Steering Angle Calibration (SAS), Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), Oil Lamp Reset,TPMS, Throttle Position Reset). you can also generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution.
- 💯 4 IN 1 LIVE DATA & DATA RECORD & PLAYBACK: 4 in1 graphing parameter for 4 main systems. ➤ Auto-VIN for quick and accurate identification.➤Graphing Live data and the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. ➤Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. ➤Diagnostic Record in 4 ways:1)Graph2)Combine3)Value4)Frame Playback➤Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning.
- 🆚UPGRADED VERSION OF CRP123(E): ➤1)5 inch bigger touch screen 2) 6100mAh faster charge battery 3) One-Click WIFI Update allow you use the newest software all time free 4) Graphing the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. 5) Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning. 6) Google search DTC definition online. 7) AutoVIN scan. 8) one to one diagnostic feedback from Launch Tech.9) Share & Print healthy report.
- 💌LIFETIME FREE UPDATE & ONLINE TECH SUPPORT: One-click WiFi free updates on internet for lifetime ➤ 5 years warranty for quality issue for Launch crp129e from Launch Tech.➤ Lifetime help online with multilingual support: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, etc.,Lifetime help online and 5 years warranty,60 days no reason return and replacement. Ask Q&A on this page or email seller, you will get help within 12 hours.
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API