NUMBER: 08-006-15 REV. A
DATE: December 19, 2015
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SERVICE BULLETIN 08-006-15, DATED JANUARY 22, 2015, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE UPDATED SYMPTOM/CONDITIONS.
THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 15-005 ONLY APPLICABLE TO VEHICLES PRODUCED FOR THE CANADIAN MARKET. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF WARRANTY.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Incorrect Language Displayed In The Cluster And Odometer Line Disappears
|2014||(DS)||Ram 1500 Pickup|
|2014||(DJ)||Ram 2500 Pickup|
|2014||(D2)||Ram 3500 Pickup|
|2014||(DD)||Ram 3500 Cab Chassis|
|2014||(DP)||Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis|
|2014||(DX)||Ram Truck (Mexico)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after April 11, 2014 (MDH 0411XX) on or before May 21, 2014 (MDH 0521XX) equipped with Uconnect 3.0 AM/FM (sales code RA1) or Radio Delete (sales code RA8) with Instrument Panel Cluster W/Display Screen (sales code JAT) or Instrument Panel Cluster (sales code JA4). SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
- **Customer may report that the odometer line disappears sometimes and comes back with an ignition cycle or changing cluster screens.**
- The customer may notice when trying to switch the language from English to Spanish/French, only the radio will display the correct language. The cluster will still display English.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify no DTCs are set. If DTCs are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
If a Canadian customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other customers that describes the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
- Reprogram the IPC with the latest software. Detailed instructions for flashing control modules using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application are available by selecting the “HELP” tab on the upper portion of the wiTECH window, then “HELP CONTENTS.” This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
NOTE: If the IPC has the latest software in it and no updates are available, use LOP 18-19-47-94 to close this active RRT.
- Clear all DTCs that may have been set in any module due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow them to be cleared.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|18-19-47-94||Module, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) - Inspect and/or Reprogram (0 - Introduction)||6 - Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.|
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 4 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
The dealer must choose which failure code to use. If the customer came in with an issue and if the dealer finds a software update to correct that issue, use failure code CC, for all other use failure code RF.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- If an available flash is completed while addressing a different customer concern, failure code RF is to be used.