GROUP: 08 – Electrical
DATE: June 10, 2017
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 08-053-16 REV. B, DATED MAY 19, 2016, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** WHICH INCLUDES ADDITIONAL SYMPTOM/ CONDITIONS, IMPROVEMENTS, UPDATED SOFTWARE LEVEL, REPAIR NOTE, PICTURES AND UPDATED FAILURE CODE STATEMENT.
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: RA3/RA4 Radio Software Enhancements
This bulletin involves inspecting and if required, updating the radio software.
|2015||(WK)||Jeep Grand Cherokee|
|2015||(DS)||RAM 1500 Pickup|
|2015||(DJ)||RAM 2500 Pickup|
|2015||(D2)||RAM 3500 Pickup|
|2015||(DD)||RAM 3500 Cab Chassis|
|2015||(DP)||RAM 4500/5500 Cab Chassis|
|2015||(DX)||RAM Truck (Mexico)|
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA (Canada and Mexico only).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with one of the following radios:
- Uconnect 8.4A AM/FM/BT/ACCESS (Sales Code RA3).
- Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV (Sales Code RA4).
A small number of customers may experience one or more of the following:
- **“Navigation Failed” message is displayed.
- Navigation is inoperative or inaccurate.
- CD player will not play songs and/or locks up the radio.
- The clock will not automatically update to local time.
- The clock may be off by several hours (RA3 only).
- HVAC temperature out of sync with radio display (KL vehicles).
- Some Uconnect App remote commands do not execute with the vehicle.
- Radio Apps are inoperative.
- Radio will lock up.
- Radio display screen is black or blank.
- Battery drain due to radio staying on.**
- Rearview Camera image appears jittery (UF vehicles only).
- Inability to establish a WiFi connection when security feature is enabled (UF vehicles only).
- Audio distortion/popping heard while playing Apple devices through the USB port (UF vehicles only).
- Remote Uconnect Apps functions (i.e. door locks, remote start) inoperative while the engine is running (UF vehicles only).
- HVAC temperature out of sync with radio display (KL vehicles).
- Intermittently blind spot chime will not turn off (KL vehicles only).
- The radio may switch from SiriusXMT to an AM station by itself.
- Uconnect registration always present, can not remove Uconnect account.
- Teleprompter does not appear when pressing the Voice Recognition (VR) button.
- VR operation cancels while in media mode.
- The radio may display previous image before displaying the current image.
- Navigation lost vehicle position during route calculation.
- Navigation displays are missing after vehicle heading changes.
- Navigation giving incorrect guidance to exit the highway.
- FM audio may switch to AM after ignition cycle.
- Text messages appear as sender’s phone number not their name.
- VR phone button may not work at times.
- Audio muted after AUX device is disconnected.
- VR, “ Listen” to text will only play first message.
- Drive Mode: Eco, sport or normal setting may not be saved after key cycle (LA, LD, LX and ZD Only).
- Drive Mode: Shift light On/Off, out of sync (LA, LD, LX and ZD Only).
- SirusXM station information does not update.
- Speed adjusted volume may not work.
- AM or FM seek or tuner soft keys may be missing.
- Display screen show ambient temperature as ”- – “ not normal values.
In addition, the following Improvements are included:
- **Adds Apple SiriT Eyes Free capability for iPhoneT
- Add the ability to drag and drop icons into the menu bar.
- Auto Play can now be configured.
- Enhanced VR performance.
- Media devices, phone pairing and Bluetooth usage improvements.
- Improved tuner performance.
- Enhancements in Connectivity Apps (YelpT, PandoraT, AhaT, etc).
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements.
- Adds “do not disturb” text message feature.**
- User can pair iPhone with Uconnect via Bluetooth and talk to Siri through Uconnect.
- Ability to press VR button for more than one second.
- Keyboard improvements in the Points Of Interest (POI) section.
- High Definition (HD) radio buffering.
- Spanish translation.
- Radio station scroll feature.
- Drive Mode: Launch control button, text improvements (LA, LD, LX and ZD Only).
- Making assist calls.
- Enable the High Definition (HD) feature (RA4 only).
- App functionality and screen displays.
- Displays correct media, song titles and tracks.
- Travel Link Points Of Interest (POI), displaying movies and favorites.
- Incoming calls, audio enhancements (LA, LD and LX Only).
- Audio for strong AM stations.
- VR performance.
- Settings can only be changed in run mode, not ACC.
- Notify user when messaging features are not supported on certain phones/devices.
- Shows direction and distance for POI when using VR.
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available, verify the related system is operating properly. If Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are present, record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
For all other customers that describe the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: This software update is only compatible with the 2015 model year vehicles listed.
NOTE: Two files will be loaded onto the USB flash drive (Fig. 1) .
Fig. 1 Two USB Files
- Has a USB flash drive been created?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step 2.
- NO >>> Proceed to Step 5.
- Go to DealerCONNECT> Service> Uconnect Information & Utilities> Uconnect Dealer software downloads to download the files.
- If a security message appears “Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely? (Fig. 2) Press No to continue.
NOTE: If the software cannot be downloaded, make sure you have proper security access. If not, have the Service Manager or Shop Foreman download the software update.
- To download the software files to a USB flash drive, follow the on screen instructions and perform the following:
- Acquire a blank USB flash drive with at least 4 GB of space.
- Download the software update file to your local PC’s desktop.
- Be sure to extract the file before copying it to the blank USB flash drive.
- A blank USB flash drive will be needed one for each radio update, additional updates can not be on the same USB flash drive.
- Once the file is saved to the USB flash drive, it is recommended you physically label the USB flash drive with the bulletin number and proper radio sales codes.
NOTE: **During the update process you will see multiple hourglass and “Please Insert
Update USB” screens for extended periods of time (several minutes)(Fig. 3) or (Fig. 4) . DO NOT remove the USB flash drive at this time. Only remove the USB flash drive when the update has completed, when the screen displays the software levels again. The screen will say “Software updated successfully”.**
Fig. 4 **Please Insert Update USB**
- Insert the correct USB flash drive with new software into USB port.
- The next screen display will have the old and new software levels. The radio will be updated to **17.11.07.**
- Is the radio at software level **17.11.07** or higher?
- Press the soft key “Yes” to start the update.
NOTE: DO NOT cycle the ignition or touch the radio during the update process.
NOTE: If the software update process is interrupted, aborted or failed, the process should be restarted. See Star Online Cases if the radio failed to update, or is stuck in ’update mode’ displaying “Insert Update USB” and if so, re-insert the USB.
- The update may take up to **40** minutes to load. No other actions will be needed to initiate the update.
NOTE: During the update process, the screen on the radio will display an hourglass and blue screen that said “Please Insert Update USB” for approximately two to five minutes at a time (Fig. 3) and (Fig. 4) .
NOTE: DO NOT remove the USB at any point of the update process until the final software levels match.
- **After the update is done the screen will display the software levels again and will prompt to remove USB (Fig. 5) .**
- Press “No” and turn the vehicle off. Open and close the driver’s door and let the Bus go to sleep.
NOTE: Make sure to leave ignition off, DO NOT press the brake and DO NOT reopen any doors so the modules will go to sleep.
- Cycle the ignition on, then back off one more time. Open and close the driver’s door and let the Bus go to sleep. This will complete the radio update.
- Remove the USB flash drive.
- Is the vehicle a KL, LA, LD, LX, UF, WD or WK?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step 15.
- NO >>> This bulletin has been completed.
- Is the vehicle equipped with Blind Spot Monitor/Cross Path Detection (Sales Code XAN)?
- YES >>> Proceed to Step 16.
- NO >>> This bulletin has been completed.
- Go into the radio Settings menu and select Safety & Driving Assistance. Locate the Blind Spot Alert feature and verify the “Lights + Chimes” option is turned on.
- This bulletin has been completed.
NOTE:Updating the radio’s software may cause the radio to reset back to factory default setting. The customer should be advised that they may need reset the personal settings, theme, color, presets, favorites and the phones may need to be paired again.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
|Labor Operation No:||Description||Skill Category||Amount|
|**18-60-02-MT||Radio, Check Software Level and Perform Software Update (0 – Introduction)||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.8 Hrs.|
|18-60-02-MU||Radio, Software – Create USB Flash Drive From Uconnect Website (One time only) (0 – Introduction||6 – Electrical and Body Systems||0.2 Hrs.**|
NOTE: The “One Time Only” LOP is used one time per dealer when downloading the software onto a USB flash drive. The dealer can only use the download LOP, one time for each of the radios listed.
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 40 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
**The dealer must use failure code CC with this Service Bulletin.
- If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
- When utilizing this failure code, the 3C’s (customer’s concern, cause and correction) must be provided for processing Service Bulletin flash/reprogramming conditions.**
DATE: March 27, 2015
- High-speed USB 3.0 performance of up to 150MB/s(1) [(1) Write to drive up to 15x faster than standard USB 2.0 drives (4MB/s); varies by drive capacity. Up to 150MB/s read speed. USB 3.0 port required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, usage conditions, and other factors; 1MB=1,000,000 bytes]
- Transfer a full-length movie in less than 30 seconds(2) [(2) Based on 1.2GB MPEG-4 video transfer with USB 3.0 host device. Results may vary based on host device, file attributes and other factors]
- Transfer to drive up to 15 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives(1)
- Sleek, durable metal casing
- Easy-to-use password protection for your private files(3) [(3)Password protection uses 128-bit AES encryption and is supported by Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Mac OS X v10.9+; Software download required for Mac, visit the SanDisk SecureAccess support page]
- [Great Value Package Offer]: 2 Pack USB 2.0 Flash Drive 32GB Available in 2 different colors - Black and Blue. The different colors can help you to store different content.
- [Plug and Play]: No need to install any software, Just plug in and use it. The metal clip rotates 360° round the ABS plastic body which. The capless design can avoid lossing of cap, and providing efficient protection to the USB port.
- [Compatibilty and Interface]: Supports Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista / XP / 2000 / ME / NT Linux and Mac OS. Compatible with USB 2.0 and below. High speed USB 2.0, LED Indicator - Transfer status at a glance.
- [Suitable for All Uses and Data]: Suitable for storing digital data for school, business or daily usage. Apply to data storage of music, photos, movies, software, and other files.
- [Warranty Policy]: 12-month warranty, our products are of good quality and we promise that any problem about the product within one year since you buy, it will be guaranteed for free.
- Take it all with you on reliable USB flash drives
- Transfer with confidence when moving images and other files from PC to PC or other consumer electronic devices
- Ideal for video - the easy way to store, share and play your favorite video files
- Available in capacities up to 256GB [1GB = 1 billion bytes - Some capacity not available for data storage]
- POWERFUL STORAGE FUNCTIONS: SXINDE USB Flash Drive 1TB can transfer up to 204800 photos[10 megapixels]; 102400 MP3 audio files; 2560 minutes HD videos[1080P resolution] or 5120 minutes HD videos [720P resolution]. 1TB Flash Memory Stick is commonly used for storage, data backup and computer file transfer, it will meet your needs of daily use on work, school, home, and traveling for photos, music, videos, files storage and transfer.
- EXCELLENT COMPATIBILITY: SXINDE Ultra High Speed 1TB Flash Memory Stick is plug and play without any software installation; Simply insert the USB 3.0 Flash Memory Stick 1000GB into the device to transfer and store data between the devices. The Fold USB Memory Stick Supports Windows 7/8/10 / Vista / XP / Unix / 2000 / ME / NT Linux and Mac OS, and is compatible with USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.
- HIGH QUALITY: SXINDE USB 3.0 External Data Storage Drive 1000GB features durable and rugged ABS and Metal housing body with rotated design. The 360° rotated design is made from stainless steel, and the interior part is made of ABS plastic.
- PORTABLE and CONVENIENT: The size of the SXINDE 1TB Flash Drive is 58mm×19.5mm×10.8mm, and it makes it easy to slip into your pocket. The end of the Thumb Drive has a loop that can easily be attached to your key chain or lanyard, using to help keep from losing, and for easy carrying.
- TRUSTED SXINDE QUALITY: Designed for modern efficiency and reliability, our USB 3.0 Data Storage Drive is backed by responsive customer service, if you have any issues, we can provide you with 90 days free replacement within 3 months.
- This is a Certified Refurbished item. While this item has been tested to be in great working condition, it may show minor signs of use and cosmetic blemishes which do not affect the functionality of the item.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- Portable design
- 2.5-inch hard drive
- USB powered for quick convenience
- Separate Admin and User Modes
- Aegis Configurator Compatible
- Admin and User Forced Enrollment
- Data Reovery PIN's
- Programable Brute-Force Defense
- Redefine everyday file transfers with speeds up to 300MB/s
- Exceptionally compact USB flash drive for an unnoticeable, seamless fit, designed with a key ring to prevent loss
- Reliable and secure storage for your photos, videos, music, and files
- USB 3.1 flash drive with backwards compatibility (USB 3.0, USB 2.0)
- Compatible Devices: Television;Tablet;Laptop
- UNIVERSAL USABILITY: suitable for data storage and transferring large files efficiently in office, in school, in family, in events, to clients, to friends, and between machines
- GREAT VALUE PACKAGE:10 pack of 16 GB thumb drives, total 160 GB capacity; plus 12 appropriate labels; super cost performance package deal
- PLUG & USE: supports Windows 10/ 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP/ 2000/ 98/ ME/ NT Linux/ Mac OS; compatible with USB 2.0, backwards USB 1.1
- TWIST TURN & DURABLE BUILT: 360° rotating aluminum cover, protecting the usb port; with eyelet hole on the end for easy attaching
- 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE; 12 MONTHS MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY
- Blazing-fast performance for super-speedy transfer of photos and 4K video
- Work as fast as you need to with premium performance and huge capacities
- Durable aluminum metal casing means less worry about everyday wear and tear
- Help keep critical files safe with SanDisk SecureAccess encryption software(3)
- Recover accidentally deleted files with included RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software offer(4) (download required)
- High Quality - SXINDE USB Flash Drive 1TB features durable and rugged ABS and Metal housing body with rotated design. The inside uses the most advanced imported smart chip, assembled through many complicated and strict processes. Therefore, it has excellent water resistance, magnetic resistance, high-temperature resistance, and X-ray resistance, thus ensuring that its service life far exceeds other similar products, which makes you store your data with more confidence.
- Expanded Data Storage - SXINDE USB 3.0 Data Storage Drive 1TB holds a massive 1000GB of data to give you optimal storage space for important work, school, or home data options. SXINDE USB 3.0 External Data Storage Drive 1TB can transmit and store up to 204,800 photos(10-megapixel); 102,400 MP3 audio files; 2560 minutes Full HD videos(1080P resolution) or 5120 minutes HD videos (720P resolution).
- Universal Compatibility - Our premium SXINDE USB 3.0 Jump Storage Drive 1000GB can be used with a wide range of devices, including Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista / XP / Unix / 2000 / ME / NT Linux. And it compatible with most USB 1.1, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, you can easily transfer data or content with quick plug-and-play accessibility.
- Compact and Portable Design - The size of the SXINDE USB 3.0 Thumb Drive is 58mm脳19.5mm脳10.8mm, and it makes it easy to slip into your pocket. The end of the Fold Storage Thumb Drive has a loop that can easily be attached to your key chain or lanyard, using to help keep from losing, and for easy carrying.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - All of USB 3.0 Pen Drives have been rigorously tested and formatted before leaving the factory. And we provide 12 months warranty service, if you have any questions please send e-mail to us, our customer services will reply you within twenty four hours.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.