|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
Dealer Service Instructions for:
Customer Satisfaction Notification P73
Reprogram Final Drive Control Module
|2005 – 2010
|Jeep® Grand Cherokee
|2006 – 2010
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a Quadra-Trac II Full Time Active 4WD transfer case (sales code DHX) built through March 10, 2010 (MDH SOP through 031010).
|IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer used vehicle inventory. Dealers should complete this repair on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also perform this repair on vehicles in for service.Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
The Final Drive Control Module (FDCM) software on about 295,600 of the above vehicles may cause the “Service 4WD” light to come on and an inability to switch 4WD mode when trying to shift out of the current selected mode.
The Final Drive Control Module (FDCM) must be reprogrammed with new software.
No parts are required to perform this service procedure.
No parts return required for this campaign.
The following special tools are required to perform this repair:
|wiTECH VCI Pod Kit
NOTE: The wiTECH scan tool must be used to perform this recall. This procedure must be performed with software release level 15.04 or higher. If the reprogramming for the FDCM is aborted or interrupted, repeat the procedure.
Reprogram the Final Drive Control Module (FDCM):
- Open the hood. Install a battery charger and verify that the charging rate provides 13.0 to 13.5 volts. Do not allow the charger to time out during the flash process. Set the battery charger timer (if so equipped) to continuous charge.
NOTE: Use an accurate stand-alone voltmeter. The battery charger voltmeter may not be sufficiently accurate. Voltages outside of the specified range will cause an unsuccessful flash. If voltage reading is too high, apply an electrical load by activating the park or headlamps and/or HVAC blower motor to lower the voltage.
- Connect the wiTECH VCI pod to the vehicle data link connector located under the steering column.
- Place the ignition in the “RUN” position.
- Open the wiTECH Diagnostic application.
- Starting at the “Select Tool” screen, select the row/tool for the wiPOD device you are using.
- Enter your “User id” and “Password”, then select “OK”.
- Select the “Next” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- From the “Vehicle View” screen, click on the “FDCM” icon.
- From the “FDCM View” screen select the “Flash” tab. Compare the “Current ECU Flash Number” with the “New Part Number” listed on the “sort table”. If the “Current ECU Flash Number” is the same as the “New Part Number” continue to Step 17. If the part numbers are not the same, continue with Step 10.
- With the cursor over the desired flash file, click the small green arrow button on the right side of the screen.
- From the “ECU Flash” screen follow the wiTECH screen instructions to complete the flash.
- Once the flash is complete click the “OK” button on the “ECU Flash” screen.
- From the “FDCM View” screen, compare the “Current ECU Flash Number” with the “New Part Number” listed on the “sort table”. If the “Current ECU Flash Number” is the same as the “New Part Number” the flash is complete. Continue with Step 14. If the part numbers are not the same, repeat Steps 8 through 13.
- Select “Vehicle View” from the “FDCM View” screen.
- From the “All DTC’s” tab, select the “Clear Stored DTC’s” button.
- Select “OK” from the pop-up text box.
NOTE: Any active Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) may require an additional key cycle from “ON” to “OFF” to change DTC status from “active” to “stored”.
- Turn the ignition to the “OFF” position, remove the wiPOD and battery charger from the vehicle and then close the hood.
- Return the vehicle to the customer.
Completion Reporting and Reimbursement
Claims for vehicles that have been serviced must be submitted on the DealerCONNECT Claim Entry Screen located on the Service tab. Claims submitted will be used by FCA to record Customer Satisfaction Notification service completions and provide dealer payments.
Use the following labor operation number and time allowance:
|Software Update Previously Performed
|Reprogram Final Drive Controller Module
Add the cost of the parts package plus applicable dealer allowance to your claim.
NOTE: See the Warranty Administration Manual, Recall Claim Processing Section, for complete claim processing instructions.
To view this notification on DealerCONNECT, select “Global Recall System” on the Service tab, then click on the description of this notification.
Owner Notification and Service Scheduling
All involved vehicle owners known to FCA are being notified of the service requirement by mail. They are requested to schedule appointments for this service with their dealers. A generic copy of the owner letter is attached.
Enclosed with each owner letter is an Owner Notification postcard to allow owners to update our records if applicable.
Vehicle Lists, Global Recall System, VIP and Dealer Follow Up
All involved vehicles have been entered into the DealerCONNECT Global Recall System (GRS) and Vehicle Information Plus (VIP) for dealer inquiry as needed.
GRS provides involved dealers with an updated VIN list of their incomplete vehicles. The owner’s name, address and phone number are listed if known. Completed vehicles are removed from GRS within several days of repair claim submission.
To use this system, click on the “Service” tab and then click on “Global Recall System.” Your dealer’s VIN list for each recall displayed can be sorted by: those vehicles that were unsold at recall launch, those with a phone number, city, zip code, or VIN sequence.
Dealers should perform this repair on all unsold vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also use the VIN list to follow up with all owners to schedule appointments for this repair.
VIN lists may contain confidential, restricted owner name and address information that was obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles of various states. Use of this information is permitted for this notification only and is strictly prohibited from all other use.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this action, please contact your Service and Parts District Manager.
Customer Service / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
REPROGRAM FINAL DRIVE
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION
This notice applies to your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
At FCA US LLC, we recognize that the success of our business depends on the satisfaction of our customers. We are constantly monitoring the quality of our products and looking for opportunities to improve our vehicles even after they are sold. Because your long-term satisfaction is important to us, we are contacting you on important improvements we would like to make to your vehicle. This will be done at no charge to you.
We are recommending the following improvements be performed on certain 2005 through 2010 model year Jeep® Grand Cherokee and 2006 through 2010 model year Jeep® Commander vehicles equipped with a Quadra-Trac II Full Time Active 4WD transfer case.
|The Final Drive Control Module (FDCM) software on your vehicle may cause the “Service 4WD” light to come on and an inability to switch 4WD mode when trying to shift out of the current selected mode.
|What your dealer will do:
|FCA will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will reprogram the Final Drive Control Module (FDCM) with new software. The work will take about ½ hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary depending on service schedules. We recommend that you make an appointment with your dealer to minimize your inconvenience.
|What you should do:
|Simply contact your Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge dealer, at your convenience, to schedule a service appointment. Your dealer will collect the necessary information to ensure that the appropriate parts are available so your service can be completed in a timely manner. Although not required, we recommend bringing this letter with you to your dealer, when you bring your vehicle in for this service.
|If you need help:
|Please contact the FCA US Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403.
Please help us update our records by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions listed on the card apply to your vehicle. If you have further questions go to recalls.mopar.com.
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online or you can mail your original receipts and proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement consideration: FCA Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Recall Reimbursement. Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you’ve had previous repairs and/or reimbursement you may still need to have the recall repair performed on your vehicle.
We apologize for any inconvenience this service may cause to your schedule. FCA is committed to providing our customers with world class quality products, ensuring that you have a positive dealership experience and following up on any issues and concerns that you may have in a timely manner through our Customer Assistance Center.
Thank you for being our customer.
Customer Service / Field Operations
FCA US LLC
Chrysler Recommended J2534 Devices
|CTC Vehicle Box *
|Blue Streak -2534 Global Programmer
|Actia I+ME Passthru
* Chrysler recommends the CTC Vehicle Box Device for Chrysler SCI ECU reprogramming. SCI reprogramming is used on most PCMs and TCMs prior to the introduction of CAN bus vehicles which began in 2004 (Durango).
Compatible J2534 Devices
|CarDAQ-Plus 3 All Makes J2534 Reprogramming Tool
|CarDAQ-Plus 2 Diagnostic Code Reader and J2534 Programming Tool
|VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer
Click on the link below to:
Download J2534 Application
(Install the wiTECH 2.0 J2534 Application on your computer)
Download the Setup Utility
(Configure your microPod/MDP device)
Launch wiTECH 2.0
(Once subscription and users are assigned to a tool please follow this link to access wiTECH)
- ALL OF THE J2534 PROTOCOLS - This single unit has all of the protocols you need for your OEM J2534 reprogramming and diagnostics including the latest in DoIP and CanFD
- J2534 TECHNICAL SUPPORT - FREE for the life of the tool. Staffed by technicians who understand vehicle repair and J2534 Pass‑thru
- TOOLBOX WITH OEM APPLICATION DESCRIPTIONS - educational video tutorials and real-time news – Giving you the confidence and up-to-date knowledge to get the job done
- J2534 v05.00 API - The newest version of J2534 to give you the latest in pass-thru technology
- FUTURE PROOF WITH 4 CAN CHANNELS - Going beyond the 3 required by select Chrysler/FCA models, CarDAQ-Plus 3 also provides a 4th to meet the needs of future OEM applications
- 🆚LAUNCH X431 PRO5 scan tool Upgrade all functions of X431 PRO3/X-431 Throttle III/X431-TorqueIII/X431 V+, PROS V+, PAD3. ⓵ J2534 ECU Programming &Online functions directly connect to OEM server, 50+ reset same as X-431 Throttle;⓶Bi-directional control and All system diagnostics as Snap-on scanner; ⓷ Support 150+ brands Vehicles (include CAN/CAFD/DoIP/HD protocols and AutoAuth for FCA SGW) ⓸Powered by 8-core processor(1.8GHz), Android9.0 OS, 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi connection.
- 🚜[J2534 Reprogramming With FREE SMARTBOX 3.0】Save more than $2000, LAUNCH X431 PRO5 support J2534/DOIP/CANFD/HD protocols (Needn’t buy HDIII Module,Manufacture software and non-16pin adaptors need to be purchased separately.) Download OEM software from the manufacturer’s server to 1) program data to blank/used ECUs; 2) Reflash ECUs with data loss; 3)Upgrade ECU software version. As a wireless VCI allowing the vehicle to transmit data to the diagnostic tablet without a physical connection.
- 👏[50+ Reset, Continuously Updated Reset Functions]: With the LAUNCH diagnostic tool, You will never be bothered by tricky vehicle issues and keep pace with newer technology. 50 commonly reset functions ( in the quick page ) reaching into the smallest parts to root out the problems. Extra 300+ repair functions ( in-vehicle catalog) for specific models extend the capability to reset, regeneration, initiation, matching, etc. (Functions vary by models, configurations, and systems.)
- 🌐[One stop Intelligent Diagnostic Tool]: LAUNCH X431 PRO5 obd2 scanner Bluetooth provides Repair Tips, Repair Assist, Component Measurement, TSB, Relevant Cases DTC Analysis to simplify complex diagnostic and achieve the trouble-free repair. 🤩[One Scanner For Multiple Uses]: LAUNCH diagnostic tool PRO5 collaborates with add-on modules (ADAS, Videoscope, TSGUN, X-ProG3, WiFi Pinter, Battery Tester) to expand business applications and improve diagnostic accuracy.
- 👍【2023 New OE Level Online Functions 】Bidirectional Scan Tool offers you various high-end online functions, which enable you to access the online data to do fast & complicated vehicle repairs, e.g. 1) ECU Coding for replacing, match, relearn, recode new ECU modules; 2) Online Coding for BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, Benz to surf OEM data; 3) VAG Guided functions ease complex issues; 4) Personalization & ADAS improving car performance and driving safety.
- 🌐【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your scanner MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘.
- 🌐【SAE J2534-1 & J2534-2 Standards】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device, which performs standard PassThru J2534 functionality: Compatible with for Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is also specially designed to provide users with P-C communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, reliability and flexibility.
- 🌐【High-speed Transmission Speed】Autel MaxiFlash Elite Reprogramming Device J2534 supports simultaneous communication definition in J2534-1, running 3 protocols at the same time, which greatly improves reprogramming and diagnostic speed. Embedded with the ARM9 Dual-core processor (clocked up to 500MHz), which further boosts the communicating speed to save more times and win more business.
- 🌐【Multiple Devices Connected with PC】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 also supports multiple device connections to the PC, which can operate diagnostic and reprogramming functions on more than one vehicle at the same time. Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 built-in wireless and data storage, which can update via Internet. It also ensures quickly reprogramming even the newest controllers.
- 🌐【Extensive Compatibility】Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- Stay up-to-date with thelatest firmware and support of the SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer, ensuring reliable perform and optimalresults.
- The SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer is a trustedtool for professional technicians, offering comprehensive functionality and easy integration into your workflows.
- The SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer offersadvanced functionality for efficient and precise ECUs programming.
- With its 67IN1 dongle & OBDcompatibility, the SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer provides a versatilesolution for read and write operations.
- Experienceseamless ECUs programming with the SM2Pro J2534VCI, designed to streamlines the read and write processes for enhanced efficiency.
- 🚗[Technical assistance] If you have any installation problems, download the installation manual. Or please contact us at any time. We can provide technical support and help you install software online
- 🚗[Vehicle Coverage] Installation Tips: Please turn off anti-virus software before install. VXDIAG VCX NANO fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2. All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- 🚗[Functional] ●USB vehicle-to-PC connectivity●Supports Windows,XP●CE and FCC compliance for hardware●Firmware Updatable. 【SPS】Service Programming System: ◎Passthrough programming on GM past model and Global A vehicles◎Increase reprogramming speed 20-70% and get ready to service new models.
- 🚗[GDS] Global Diagnostic System: ◎New Diagnostic Application Software required for all GM Global Architecture (Global A) Vehicles. ◎GDS & GDS2 is software which runs on a specific PC. Updates received via TIS2Web.
- 🚗[Efficient&Convenience] Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports.Quickly attaches to vehicle's diagnostic connector. Mixed fleet capabilities with broad protocol support.May be used with desktop PC or laptop. make sure your computer at least 4GB.Tech2win software only installed on 7 32bit computer and on physical system.Please download the latest vxmanager from vxdiag official website.
Last update on 2024-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.